Files not appearing in queue, no errors

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.6.1342
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/dJQgSwQC
Description of issue:

This is a real head-scratcher to me. I’ll download the file, it won’t appear in the queue. In the log, it looks like Transmission is announcing when it’s starting and when it’s finishing, but Sonarr is just ignoring that?

To be exact, starting from log event 2021-10-27 21:30:08.5

• I manually choose and download the file,
  • it doesn’t appear in the queue but Transmission has added it and is downloading it
  • Just to be certain, I manually download the file again while it’s still being downloaded through Transmission,
  • The file completes but there’s nothing happening on Sonarr’s end. No events, errors or anything. It just says “file is not on disk”.

Now many files work okay, but there’s a few files like this one that isn’t getting picked up at all.

It’s already been imported

1. 2021-10-27 21:31:16.2|Debug|TrackedDownloadService|Tracking ‘Transmission:[SubsPlease] Kimetsu no Yaiba - Mugen Ressha-hen - 03 (1080p) [D4B9B059].mkv’: ClientState=Completed (readonly) SonarrStage=Imported Episode=‘Kimetsu no Yaiba - Mugen Ressha-hen - 003 HDTV-1080p v1’ OutputPath=\raspberrypi\pi_shared\torrent-inprogress[SubsPlease] Kimetsu no Yaiba - Mugen Ressha-hen - 03 (1080p) [D4B9B059].mkv.

So in other words, Sonarr thinks the file is already imported so it doesn’t do anything about it? Is there some way to reset the status of the file?

nope. its also something that only applies to torrent files, due to the hash being used to keep track of it throughout the whole download/import process. i was told that ages ago when i had an issue trying to redownload the same torrent file because i accidentally deleted a couple of them, sonarr will never re-import a torrent job its already imported before, but it does - sort of stupidly - add it to the download client without warning you about that, it also removed the job from the download client (which in turn tends to mean the download client deletes the job files).

the easiest workaround is to let sonarr add it into the download client queue, but to then manually go in there and reset the category (or the download location) of that job to something else so that sonarr no longer sees it as its own job it has to keep track of.

once that download completes you then manually import it from that location yourself via sonarr (because its now a file, not a torrent hash, it will happily import it).
you also need to cancel the job (after any seeding requirements you have) in the download client so it gets cleaned up.

the other workaround is to change the settings on your download client entry in sonarr so that sonarr does not remove completed jobs - you can turn that back on once youve manually imported the ones you had to download again.

That’s a wonderfully detailed overview, thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.