Files don't use season name

Did you change how The Making of The Mob is named

It now doesnt add the - Chicago -

The naming always uses the series name, not the scene’s season name.

Why did it suddenly start not adding the Chicago- like it had been doing, which is correct with or with out it

Because the episode titles don’t have it in there anymore (which will be shown in the UI) and ultimately comes from The TVDB. Also the same reason why the first episode doesn’t have Chicago - and the next 3 do.

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=294781&seasonid=667736&lid=7

So it’s now being named correctly, The Making of The Mob - S02E01 and not The Making of The Mob - S02E01 Chicago-?

I wouldn’t have noticed the change it’s just my metadata scraped didn’t pick up the latest episode

Based on the information that TVDB has, yes, though you can tell it changed between episodes 4 and 5 (and likely 1 and 2) because of the removal of Chicago from the episode titles. Sonarr only uses information from TheTVDB when naming things, snapshotted every 12 hours (when it updates that information), so if it ever changes like this case the filenames will reflect the changes.

I just had Sonarr reimport the episodes and it’s all fine now

I’ll just keep an eye on it :smile: cheers

1 Like

Another problem is that scene naming seems to include season subtitle
(eg. The.Making.of.The.Mob.Chicago.S01E01.720p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-RARBG ) .

Sonarr doesn’t pick them up.

It will pick them up off RSS (has for a few weeks), but searching will fail because they reset the season number AND use a different name, but belong to the same series.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.