Files are downloaded but not found on Kodi

Sonarr version (3.0.7.1477):
Mono version (6.8.0.105):
OS (Debian - Raspberrypi):
Description of issue: File is moved to the Series folder but I can’t see it on Kodi

Hey guys,

I’m a Noob. It’s my first time using Sonarr.

Sonarr is running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+.
My download client is Transmission.
An external hard drive is connected to the Pi and is mounted.
This external hard drive is accessible through Samba share.

Sonarr is downloading files automatically. And moving it to the correct folder.
No problems there.

But when I access the Samba share on Kodi. The newly downloaded files are not found.
When I access the folder on my PC (netwerk drive mapped), the file is visible and can be played.

Another strange thing, when I start the download manually. I download it myself without Sonarr.
And then I add the serie to the correct folder. Sonarr recognizes those files but doesn’t need to move them anymore. These files are found on Kodi.

So I am thinking it has something to do with permissions?
But I have never had problems with Transmission. So maybe the problem occurs when Sonarr moves the files?

This is an example of a file that is found on Kodi.
Pi file permission working

This is a file downloaded and moved by Sonarr.
Pi file permission bad

I already tried changing things with chmod but doesn’t seem to do much.
The difference between +0200 & +0100 stays. I don’t know how to change it.

Hopefully somebody can help. I’m totally blocked.

Thanks in advance.

You’re two major versions behind

777 permissions on media files is comically insecure and media files should never be executable either

Sounds like the installation instructions were ignored and sonarr, the download client, and kodi are not all running either as the same user with 644/755 permissions or at least as the same group with 664 and 775 permissions

I tried to upgrade with the front end but that doesn’t work. Because of permissions. I tried to change it. But it was a read only file system.

But I don’t think that’s the cause of the issue with kodi.

Maybe it’s not safe. But It should be more then enough to view the files right?

Both files, the one that worked and the one that doesn’t have user root. So I don’t see the difference.

Why is anything running as root? That’s stupidly insecure and is the effect of removing your door from your house while putting your cash and all your identify documents out in the foyer with a glowing sign saying fuck with my shit.

The docker guide has a good overview of basic Linux ownership and permissions. If you can’t be bothered to learn *nix ownership and permissions then all of this runs fine on windows. https://wiki.servarr.com/docker-guide

The raspberrypi can’t run a Windows operating system. It doesn’t have the power.

I don’t know why all files owner is root.

I just reinstalled Sonarr. I have the newest version now. During the installation I needed to insert the user and group. I used the same user as the one I use with Samba.

I just downloaded a new file using sonarr. File is moved but still can’t access this file on Kodi. But it is visible on the network mapped drive. That’s what I don’t get. It should work.

Anyone who has another idea?

Thanks!

I found out that the NFO files were deleted or not added.
If you have the same problem. Check Media management and check what’s visible for “import extra files” That’s why KODI couldn’t find the files.
It was not a permission issue.

Problem solved.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.