File larger than set limit autodownloaded

Sonarr version 3.0.4.1023:
Mono version 6.10.0:
EndeavourOS:
???:
Sonarr sent a 2.7 gig file for Star Trek Discovery S03E08 to Deluge instead of a file 400 megs or smaller:

I launched Deluge this morning to make sure that Star Trek Discovery was sent to it by Sonarr and it was. The problem is I have Sonarr set to limit file size to 400 megs or smaller and the file Sonarr sent to Deluge was 2.7 gigs. I then deleted the file, launched Sonar, Set the show to 720p instead of any, and searched again. This time Sonarr grabed a file just over 200 megs. I’d like to know what would of caused Sonarr to ignore my hard limit on file size since it’s been working perfectly. I would include the logs but I just get the below when I click download.

20-12-3 04:43:12.8|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/health: 200.OK (0 ms)
20-12-3 04:43:12.8|Debug|Api|[PUT] /api/v3/config/host: 202.Accepted (79 ms)
20-12-3 04:43:12.8|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/health: 200.OK (0 ms)
20-12-3 04:43:17.6|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/health: 200.OK (0 ms)
20-12-3 04:43:17.6|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/system/status: 200.OK (1 ms)
20-12-3 04:43:17.9|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/diskspace: 200.OK (238 ms)
20-12-3 04:43:20.4|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/log/file: 200.OK (1 ms)

At most Sonarr allows for double episodes for premieres/finales, but the size limits are per minute so a 400 MB limit for 30 minutes is 800 MB for 60 minutes, etc.

Without debug logs (downloading works perfectly fine for me, so try a different browser/incognito) it’s impossible to say why that release was grabbed. If you can’t download them you’ll have to get them from the disk directly.

Actually that page can be ignored. There is a spot to hard set the size. I have it set to no bigger than 400 megs and Sonarr has been keeping to that. I’m wondering since I’m running the nightly if maybe something accidentally got changed?

For now I’ll keep a eye on it and see if it was a one off. Two shows tonight that should tell me.

EDIT:

should I just set it for debug, and if the files are larger than they should be see if I can actually post the log?

No changes have been made in that area in v3 recently.

Yup, if it’s bigger than expected you can search the logs for the release and the processing Sonarr did on it to see if something doesn’t add up.

From what I’m seeing I believe if a show is set to any it over rides the file limit. I did notice that Discovery was set to any than 720p. The two episodes for show to night downloaded at just under 300 megs a piece. Which is what I would expect for 42 minute run time. Thanks for the help and input.

The Any profile has no special features, it just contains all qualities by default. If it’s grabbing a quality you don’t normally grab then perhaps you didn’t set the quality limits the same way for those.

Sonarr nay not be designed to override the file size limit but every show set to 720p has been grabbed at under 400 megs.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.