File date wrong, would like it to be downloaded date

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.9.1549
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):6.12.0.182
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

I am running Sabnzbd, Sonarr, Radarr and Emby Pro in Docker containers on a Synology NAS. I set this up using the Trash Guide process.

I have my Emby set up to sort TV shows in Sonarr by “last episode date - decending” so that any new shows are always at the beginning of the show list.

I am seeing some TV shows downloading with a timestamp in the far past and not the downloaded date. For example, today I downloaded a show and the .nfo file associated with the show had a timestamp of March 18, 2023 but the mkv of the show had a timestamp of March 11, 2003. The show aired last night.

I see a setting in the Media Management section to “Change file date” to local air date but I don’t want to do that. I want the date to be the download date. I did try this and it didn’t work. It still set the file date to 2003.

I looked all through the Sonarr and Sabnzbd settings and cannot find a setting to do this. My previous setup of these apps did not do this.

I saw other posts from many years ago asking for this with no updates. So wondering if this is solvable now.

Any suggestions?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.