Feature to unpack files?

At times Sonarr/nzbdrone downloads torrents which are packed, usually its in .rar format.
That happens from like torrentleech and iptorrents tracker.

So I was thinking if unpacking is gonna be implemented in sonarr?
I guess something like 7-zip could be used as its open source and supports most formats like rar and zip etc. It works from command line as well.
Else there is a python project here which uses unrar https://github.com/matiasb/python-unrar, don’t know about licenses etc. through.

I think this might make sonarr even more awesome than its already is.

I hope you might consider this idea.

Thanks in advance.

There’s this:

Not using it myself, but I think it’s what you’re looking for…

As a workaround for me the unpacking is handled at the download client. In deluge or transmission a custom script according to the label will put the unpacked file in the drone factory folder. If is remote location, the drone factory is in sync with syncthing.

Problem sometimes happens with releases that contain sample files, I have a custom add script in transmission that prevents sample download.

What I am worried about is that the drone factory folder is gonna get removed in the future.

Its something we’ve talked about, I’ve added it to Github, feel free to subscribe there for updates: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/issues/784

Thanks for the suggestions, guess I will have to do it in the torrent client for now as long as its not implemented or just leave packed files and download other releases.

As for now you can unpack in the same torrent folder with the torrent client. If CDH is enabled sonarr will import the video file into final destination.

At this point you can use hard linking to avoid a third file increasing space usage.

If the location is remote (or local with a different block device), you can use a custom script in sonarr to clean the unpacked file if rar files are present in the source folder after it has been imported.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.