Failed to import - Destination already exists

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5085
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.4.1.6
Debug logs:
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here) https://pastebin.com/fmUxD0u0
Description of issue:
I recently had to resetup my system. When I finished setting everything back up I started to get this error with Sonarr and Radarr.

Sonarr will grab shows correctly and Transmission downloads them just fine. The file will be moved to the location it is supposed to go to. This is a samba share on another Ubuntu 16.04 server. Sonarr will then claim the import failed and continue to attempt to import the show over and over. Watching the folder where the files are to go to the file shows up and then is deleted. Then the file name .partial shows up till it’s done copying and deletes again after a few seconds. The pushover notification never gets sent for show downloaded and the show does not get removed from Transmission.

Sonarr is running under it’s own user nzbdrone and is part of the users group which is the group of the share. file permissions get 664 and folders are set to 775.

I have looked for an answer to this issue to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

Please post the full debug logs of the failing import, that will provide more details than the one error message.

https://pastebin.com/hLmXmUzH

I saw an Exception about Sonarr not being able to write to the Downloads folder. I noticed the Folders were downloaded as 755 so the nzbdrone user could not write to the folder. I changed to permissions of the downloaded folders to 775 and they all imported correctly. So I’d have to guess that Sonarr is attempting to write to the folder for something or was unable to remove the files/folders.

I’m not sure why that would prevent the import of the files and throw the error it did.

I changed the umask in the transmission settings so that it would set the downloaded folders and files to 775 and 664, so I think that it should be working correctly now.

In that Paste, there are a number of linuxpermission.exceptions. Sonarr is attempting to create a hardlink and unable to do so. Is this happening when the file is being upgraded or replaced? And I’m guessing it’s not that big of deal as I have yet to see any negative side effects from it.

I believe hardlinking requires write access since it needs to update the file to create the hardlink, not sure how that would have lead to the existing file error you were seeing.

Not seeing the error you’re referring to, but Sonarr would try to hardlink when importing (unless disabled), but will fallback to copy if hardlinking fails.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.