"Failed to fetch updates"

Sonarr version (3.0.4.988)

Mono version (6.12.0.90)
Ubuntu 18.04
Debug logs:

Description of issue:
System > Updates returns a “Failed to fetch updates” message

The certificate validation failed with possibly means the CA’s need to be updated, try running btls-cert-sync on the system running Sonarr.

https://tirania.org/blog/archive/2016/Sep-30.html

1 Like

So, I was able to update the certificate validation. I believe the update script is now called cert-sync, not btls-cert-sync, for anyone reading this. However, I don’t believe it fixed my problem because I’m getting essentially the same error:

For anyone in the future: I got my ssl certificates through letsencrypt, and the certificate location is in: /etc/letsencrypt/live/youdomain.com/cert.pem

Run cert-sync on your cert.pem file, like this:

sudo cert-sync /etc/letsencrypt/live/yourdomain.com/cert.pem

You should get something like this as a message if it was successful:

Linux Cert Store Sync - version 4.6.2.0
Synchronize local certs with certs from local Linux trust store.
Copyright 2002, 2003 Motus Technologies. Copyright 2004-2008 Novell. BSD licensed.

I already trust 147, your new list has 1
Certificate added: CN=yourdomain.com
1 new root certificates were added to your trust store.
Import process completed.

I was able to update through a silly workaround:

1. Go to settings>security>certificate validation
  2. Set certificate validation to “disabled”
  3. Go to system>updates
  4. You should now see your available updates.
  5. Update Sonarr if you wish to.
  6. Go back to certification validation, and set it back to your previous setting.

(Worth noting, I couldn’t get Sonarr to search for updates when certificate validation was set to “Disabled for Local Addresses,” even though I was accessing through my local IP, not the domain.)

That setting means sonarr won’t check local addresses it connects to, e.g. your download client on the same network. It has nothing to do with what address you use to reach sonarr. Or the address where sonarr looks for updates, which can only be remote… :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.