Failed Download Handling problem

I had a failed download yesterday but nzbdrone did not remove it from sabnzbd. I checked the logs and there was the specific log entry for that and it said this:

FailedDownloadService Removing failed download from history: Person.of.Interest.S03E23.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-KiNGS

So the log was there but it wasn’t deleted from the History of SAB. Why is this?

The remove feature is turned on on my nzbdrone settings, fyi.

No error in drone? If not then SAB returned a successful response and the issue is with SAB.

Nope, no error in nzbdrone. So should I create a separate thread in the sab forums?

I saw an error in SAB!

ERROR: Failed to remove nzo from postproc queue (id) SABnzbd_nzo_9xdrnv

Unless SAB has more info than that I can’t imagine the SAB devs will be able find tell you why it failed, probably not worth asking them considering its not that big of a deal (you can manually remove it).

Ahh. Ok, I’ll see if it happens again then. Thanks.

It happened again this time. So it seems to be intermittent. What is wrong?

Do you have the latest SAB-version installed?

It’s not a drone issue, you’ll have to investigate with SAB.

Markus101, can you kindly reply to this sabnzbd forum: https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17599

They said that he doesn’t know what nzbdrone does so I don’t know what to do with both sides.

Hi markus101. Can you please reply to that sabnzbd forum again? It seems that there is a timing issue between nzbdrone and sabnzbd that you might know how to fix.

Thanks.

Replied with pure guess work, but its something.

I got another instance of this same error and based on my preliminary observation in the logs, it has to do something with the retry feature, yes. Can you double check though?

Release in question is: [Arrow.S03E07.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION]

There is a failed entry in SAB that sonarr wasn’t able to delete for some reason.

Nothing in the logs indicates there was an issue deleting it, is there an error or warning in SAB showing that it failed to remove it?

I do see that it searched for another release (and found one).

I’m not entirely sure because the plain status event logs in sab only show the last 20 entries. Where should I be looking for?

Yes it did but would that be an issue if the old release was still in the wait time for “retry” while the new released downloads?

You have more than 20 items in there? I have 4 and hadn’t looked in days…

No, it shows it failed after the retry and it went looking for another release.

I have 20 items there to be exact but they’re more of the “too many connections” error because sometimes I use the same usenet account in another computer making the connections on the network fail.

So does that mean that retry is not the problem here and we should looking somewhere else? I remember you asking me to test without the retry feature enabled. Does that isolate the retry function being the culprit to this problem?

Lower your connection limit on both computers, very unlikely you need to use all the connections to get full speed.

Is retry disabled? I have retry enabled and I’m not seeing these warnings, you can’t see if there was a warning because there are too many other warnings. We need to know for certain if the error is still there with retry disabled.

I do need that number of connections because I use three modems load balanced using pfsense so they need to be exhausted with connections. I already tested this.

Retry is enabled. Hmmm, so we need more testing with retry disabled then. Doesn’t SAB save the logs in the log file though?