Error response received from SABnzbd (empty nzb)

Hey guys,

everything was working fine until last night. For some reason i shut down sabnzbd and forgot to start it again. Today sonarr tried to trigger the download of two tv shows while sab was shut down. When i came home i updated sabnzbd before starting it again. However i keep getting an error in sab saying the nzb from sonarr was empty.

BTW this is running on a synology ds415 if it matters.

Heres the regular sonarr log (can paste some of the trace log too if you let me know which bits are relevant):

[v2.0.0.4472] NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientException: Error response received from SABnzbd:
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.CheckForError (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpResponse response) [0x00098] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:210
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.ProcessRequest (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdSettings settings) [0x00046] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:178
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.DownloadNzb (System.Byte[] nzbData, System.String filename, System.String category, System.Int32 priority, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdSettings settings) [0x00048] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:45
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.Sabnzbd.AddFromNzbFile (NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode, System.String filename, System.Byte[] fileContent) [0x0002d] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\Sabnzbd.cs:40
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.UsenetClientBase1[TSettings].Download (NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) [0x0011f] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\UsenetClientBase.cs:68 at NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadService.DownloadReport (NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) [0x00171] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\DownloadService.cs:66 at NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseModule.DownloadRelease (NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseResource release) [0x0002c] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Api\Indexers\ReleaseModule.cs:67 at NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseModule.<.ctor>b__7_0 (System.Object x) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Api\Indexers\ReleaseModule.cs:46 at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object:CallSite.Target (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSite,System.Func2<object, object>,object)
at Nancy.Routing.Route+<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3 (System.Object parameters, System.Threading.CancellationToken context) [0x00049] in <63c44d6f8d7e4f339a987bf9eb94d931>:0

I found similar issues posted online here and there but didn’t find any with a proper solution. Maybe something got messed up when sonarr couldnt “reach” sab this morning?

Cheers

v2.0.0.4472]

The latest master release is 2.0.0.4753, time to upgrade.

An empty NZB would be coming from your indexer (Sonarr just passes it along).

Thanks for your reply Markus.

However the issue had nothing to do with the indexers (i had tried several and they all gave sonarr an “empty” nzb). And it probably wasnt caused by not using the latest sonarr either.

I’m assuming this as it is all working again now (Without me doing anything). To be precise, 13 hours ago sonarr sent those two .nzb files to sabnzbd automatically and it is working again since then.

I still reckon it was caused by sabnzbd being shut down while sonarr tried to talk to it. But what do i know.

Cheers

Same thing happened to me, drove me crazy! Then i realized that i was over my API hits with my indexer because of couch potato rebooting several times, and then it re-searched for all my wanted movies every time it restarted. I stopped couch potato for a while, let me API hits go down and everything started working again, but i agree with @markus101, i would have started with the indexer, but if it’s working for you now, perfect.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.