Episode file already imported help

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.3.685
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): N/A
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/CLDzkpt0
Description of issue:

I have two issues now, not sure if they’re related or not, but any advice/support would be great…Windows 10, Sonarr v3 3.0.3.685 (also was 3.0.3.684 - which I think may have caused all this?):

1. Trying to open Sonarr through shortcut link that’s pointed to programdata/sonarr/bin/sonarr.exe, I get an “UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path programdata/sonarr/config.xml is denied”. I can access Sonarr via direct IP and the correct port though.
  2. All of a sudden my activity queue has over a thousand in it sitting on errors that are: “Episode file already imported at 10/23/2019 4:55:50 PM
    Has the same filesize as existing file”. Seems whatever ImportApprovedEpisodes is screwed up hard and forgot everything it has done, or is it associated with problem #1?

Any help would be appreciated, not sure what additional information you need to help diagnose but let me know and I can pull it up. Thanks.

1. I don’t see anything in the logs about that, is Sonarr already running as a service?
    2.This is an issue with detecting already imported downloads, it was an intentional change that has an issue, we’re working on a fix.
1 Like

Thanks for the response!

Regarding #1, I was sure where it was in the log file. I was able to always double click the shortcut to open, but now I just have to go to the IP address of my computer to the right port. Yes, it’s running as a service. #1 happened the same time that #2 did, so that’s why I was curious if they were related.

Regarding #2, so I shouldn’t make a change and ignore the queue at the moment, and it’ll be rectified whenever y’all find a fix?

Is there any way I can donate to you guys without using Bitcoin?

1. Running the shortcut tries to run Sonarr again, but will launch the default browser if it’s already running, mostly a convenience, but permissions may be mucking that up

2. Yeah, just leave it and it’ll be cleaned up

Unfortunately there are no other donation methods currently.

1. I haven’t changed permissions and have full admin rights on this rig. Do you have any ideas on how I could fix it, or any way to give you some more diagnostic information? Else, I’ll probably just make a internet browser shortcut link instead!

2. Thanks, I’ll consider this resolved and wait!

Hmm, I’m going to have to try to find a way to get some bitcoin then and donate, I thoroughly appreciate everything y’all do at Sonarr.

The only thing that will really help is a debug log with it in there, but the config failing may mean the log file can’t be written (they’re in the same folder), which is strange. You could also check the permissions for that file.

@markus101

Is this the same exact error as number of 2 of OP?

That issue was fixed, so unless you haven’t updated in a week it’s probably related, but not the same. Open a new thread if you’re having issues after updating to the latest.

Ok, I’m going to create a new thread about this.

markus, I think the same problem is back, only on new torrents added, not my entire queue.

It can’t be the same issue, it could be a related issue, like Kevin’s was, but we’ll need logs and more info.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.