EPIC FAIL database disk image is malformed

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.6.1335
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs: right after I noticed Sonarr was offline --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/piafoop71jz9u7z/sonarr.txt?dl=0
when I finally gave up after trying a lot of rollback, updates, and testing (so a bit polluted, but with clear errors) --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpz7wdwjpdog292/sonarr.txt?dl=0
Description of issue:

Hello everyone,
I noticed today that Sonarr was down.
I checked the service, try to start it but nothing happened beside an error from the Windows service panel saying Sonarr started then topped.
I went to check the logs and what I understood was that:

• it was down since 2 days ago
  • the last actions it did was downloading and installing the update 3.0.6.1335, then applying database migrations
  • nothing else, so I supposed it just stopped but logs don’t show any errors or crash
    I went and tried to start the Sonarr.console directly and that’s when I got the exceptions “EPIC FAIL database disk image is malformed”, specifically when UpdateVersionInfo is called on migration 159.
    I then tried a lot of things:
    *rolling back the auto backup from before the update, or the one from a week ago
  • updating sonarr to the new 3.0.6.1342 version
  • editing the database to remove the migration line
  • and any combination of all of these ^^’

Thanks in advance for any help

Finally found the problem with the help of the discord community.
It was my logs.db file that was corrupted.
Backed it up, deleted it, updated sonarr to last version, restored my last working sonarr.db and config from backups/update folder, and then everything worked.

Useful to note that there’s nothing mentioned anywhere on the wiki about logs.db when talking about corruption, recovering etc. I could have gone the long way of trying to repair my “corrupted” sonarr.db and having the same problem in the end

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.