Empire - Invalid season or episode

Sonarr version 2.0.0.5163:

I have the complete set of seasons/episodes for Empire, but according to Sonarr i have 1 episode, the first one from season one. I don’t understand why the others are not detected.
The path and naming to the one that’s detected is:
\mybooklive\Public\Shared Series\Empire\Season 1\Empire.2015.S01E01.HDTV.XviD-FUM.avi

And here’s some examples for some of the other which are not detected:
\mybooklive\Public\Shared Series\Empire\Season 4\Empire.S04E01.1080p.WEB.DL-tbs.mkv
\mybooklive\Public\Shared Series\Empire\Season 4\Empire.2015.S04E13.720p.WEB.DL-AJP69.mkv
\mybooklive\Public\Shared Series\Empire\Season 4\Season 3\Empire.2015.S03E18.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[eztv].mkv

Trying to import any of the files above is impossible because i see already when browsing for them that Sonarr says Invalid season or episode.

I have tried changing the filenames by removing the year and so, but nothing seems to work, can anyone see what’s going wrong here?

Looks like someone fucked up on thetvdb…
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/empire2015/seasons/all
At the moment there’s only S01E01 on there, so sonarr doesn’t recognize the other episodes.

Edit: by the way, you’ll want to keep the year in the filename. There are 2 more with the same name. The one you want should logically be called “Empire (2015)” on thetvdb as well, but it’s just called “Empire” :unamused:

Thank you very much @Thirrian, i would never had found that by myself!

The plot thickens. I just found this gem: if you search for “empire 2015” rather than “empire” on thetvdb, you can find the correct one. sigh.

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/empire-2015 (notice the hyphen between empire and 2015)

The easiest to add it to sonarr would be by using the tvdb id, so put this in sonarr’s Add Series search box: tvdb:281617

Probably someone will have to (request to) delete the crap entry above, but it’ll probably be created again and again by other users until thetvdb sorts its search algorithm out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.