Duplicate Content - Can't seem to get the profiles right

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5163
Debug logs: https://file.io/kbZ7Nz
Description of issue:

My series keep downloading multiple times, I believe this is something to do with the profiles and I thought I sorted it after reading the guides and other forum posts but seems not.

I only want them to download once, I not particular fussed on it being fantastic quality, just whatever the soonest availability is, I don’t particularly want it to download a better versions if one becomes available few days after episode release.

Please see the screenshot of my profiles currently, I also don’t understand why I have to have 2, (option to delete is not available on both), other screenshots I have seen people just have one.

Can anyone advise what I need to do to stop them duplicating all the time? is clogging up my hard drive space.

Many Thanks,

Louis

Sonarr Profiles

Delete profiles is only possible if they are not used by any series. From the main sonarr page (list of series), you can see which profile is assigned to which series.
To easily change profiles in bulk: go to the Series Editor (button on top), then sort by profile. Select series as desired, select the desired profile at the bottom and hit Save.

Once a profile is no longer in use by any series, the delete button will be available.

Quality: create or edit a profile where the lowest quality you want is also the cutoff quality. Picture + info here.

In your example above, for the “Any” profile, set the cutoff to SDTV. Whichever is available first (SDTV, WEBDL-480p or WEBDL-720p) will be downloaded, and sonarr will stop upgrading the quality, because it meets or exceeds the cutoff quality.

Do you mean you see multiple files for the same episode, in different qualities? That should not happen. When sonarr upgrades the quality, it deletes (or should delete) the lower quality file as part of the upgrade process.

I managed to delete the SD profile so now I just have Any profile. I have set the cutoff at SDTV as shown in screenshot. is this correct?

Sonarr Profile

Yes it was downloading the same episode but I think of a different profile as it had different file name. what was strange is the SDTV one it would put on the series folder but then the better version would be outside the series folder.

Hopefully setting the profile like I have now should stop it downloading multiple episodes.

Thanks

With the profile above it will start from HDTV-720p, and keep on “upgrading” until it reaches SDTV.
Reverse the order by drag&drop if you don’t want that.

Suggested:

Cutoff: SDTV
Qualities:

• WEBDL-720p
  • HDTV-720p
  • WEBDL-480p
  • SDTV

Doing it like this will download only one file, regardless of which quality is released first.
SDTV first? matches cutoff, stop quality upgrades
WEBDL-480p first? better than cutoff, stop quality upgrades
HDTV-720p first? better than cutoff, stop quality upgrades
WEBDL-720p first? better than cutoff, stop quality upgrades

The top of the qualities list should always have the best quality, in a normal scenario. You have shuffled them around it seems.

I have added these profiles in the correct order as shown below, but still duplicates are being downloaded. For example duplicate series with different file names names Seriesname.S03E18.PROPER.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS and Seriesname.S03E18. First file name is in its own folder and not the actual series folder, second filename Seriesname.S03E18 is in the correct series folder.

Am I missing something?

Sonarr Profile
SeriesCapture

Thanks

That sounds like the torrent is still seeding which is covered in the FAQ.

I checked the faq about the seeding option and this is already enabled as shown below.

Is there anything else that could be causing this?

Seeding options

If it’s still seeding Sonarr won’t remove it after importing, even if Remove is enabled, Remove only takes effect after seeding is complete.

Utorrent removes them. So even if its downloaded and seeding but not complete and utorrent removes it, will this still cause the duplicate?

Is it removing the data too?
That wouldn’t cause a duplicate if it’s removing the downloaded files too, but it would mean Sonarr could never import it if it was removed before Sonarr imported it. If it’s removed but the data isn’t deleted Sonarr won’t import it because it doesn’t know it’s there and ready to import (it gets that information from uTorrent).

No, I don’t believe its removing the actual files, just removing it from Utorrent. I guess that might the issue then, if I stop Utorrent removing it then it should stop the duplicates. I guess this would explain why the same episode will show up in the correct series folder and then same episode shows up outside the series folder as well. I will try stopping Utorrent removing it from Utorrent and from stopping it seed by removing it.

You should also have uTorrent download to one folder and Sonarr sort to another, so unsorted content isn’t mixed with sorted content.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.