Download via Transmission (and Hdbits) direct to correct path?

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)):
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:
I’m new to using Sonarr. Been using a version of Automatic on my HTPC before, with a RSS feed and RegExp config file.

My Transmission is configured to not use a incomplete folder, and the torrent is added to the correct path for the specific TV show direct, with a .part file ending in the name. I like that Automatic could start the download in the correct path direct.

But now when checking the logs for Sonarr, I understand that Sonarr first download the episode to the default download path in Transmission, and then later use a “move function”.

Is there a way to change it the way I want it?

/Söder

Sonarr will only move torrents that have finished seeding, otherwise it will copy or hardlink it into the series folder (depending on your settings and whether the download directory and series folder are on the same volume). Sonarr doesn’t support downloading directly to the series folder at this time.

Hmm, that have finished seeding? Do I have to stop the upload to have the files moved?

Why isn’t downloading directly to the (for the specific TV show) correct series folder possible? Transmission supports it.

/Söder

Yes, but then you’d need to update the path in Transmission to seed again.

It’s not something anyone has taken the time to implement and it’s use is limited to people that don’t rename files.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.