Download clients unavailable due to failures: qBittorrent and sabNZBd

Guys, I have Sonarr v2.0.0.4855 running smoothly for the most part. However, I keep encounter “Download clients unavailable due to failures: qBittorrent” and "Download clients unavailable due to failures: sabNZBd.

When I was configuring Sonarr, I though I set up the web interfaces for each of these programs (so Sonarr can access them regardless of if they are running on the system). However, when I do not run the programs manually, I get these errors.

Do I have to run the programs manually, or is Sonarr supposed to be able to access them when need be? It seems to defeat the purpose of actively monitoring releases if the releases cannot be downloaded without manually starting the clients.

The following errors only occur when I do not manually run the clients. What am I missing??

Here is the log for event “Unable to test qBittorrent: Failed to connect to qBitTorrent, please check your settings.”.

NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientException: Failed to connect to qBitTorrent, please check your settings. —> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:50004
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:line 76
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:line 60
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 70
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrentProxy.ProcessRequest[TResult](HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, QBittorrentSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\QBittorrent\QBittorrentProxy.cs:line 164
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrentProxy.ProcessRequest[TResult](HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, QBittorrentSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\QBittorrent\QBittorrentProxy.cs:line 185
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrentProxy.GetVersion(QBittorrentSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\QBittorrent\QBittorrentProxy.cs:line 45
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrent.TestConnection() in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\QBittorrent\QBittorrent.cs:line 191

Here is the log for event “Test aborted due to exception: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings.”.

NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientUnavailableException: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings —> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:50003
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:line 76
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:line 60
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 70
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.ProcessRequest(HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, SabnzbdSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:line 178
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.ProcessRequest(HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, SabnzbdSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:line 186
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.GetConfig(SabnzbdSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:line 83
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.Sabnzbd.TestAuthentication() in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\Sabnzbd.cs:line 402
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.Sabnzbd.Test(List1 failures) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\Sabnzbd.cs:line 271 at NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadClientBase1.Test() in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\DownloadClientBase.cs:line 116

They need to be running (same as Sonarr needs to be running to access your web interface), Sonarr does not have the ability to start your download clients if they are not running.

Understood. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.