Download Clients Suddenly Failing

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.7.1477-ls136 by linuxserver.io
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Debug logs:

[v3.0.7.1477] NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientUnavailableException: Unable to connect to Diskstation, please check your settings —> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.: ‘http://192.168.1.160:5000/webapi/query.cgi?api=(removed)&version=1&method=query&query=SYNO.API.Auth%2CSYNO.DSM.Info’ —> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.RunWithTimeoutWorker[T] (System.Threading.Tasks.Task1[TResult] workerTask, System.Int32 timeout, System.Action abort, System.Func1[TResult] aborted, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource cts) [0x000f8] in <91935ad653254a93b9d73a9f8f2f7a2d>:0
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x00016] in <91935ad653254a93b9d73a9f8f2f7a2d>:0
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x00123] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:81
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x001c0] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:107
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookieContainer) [0x00086] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:126
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00008] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:59
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.Proxies.DiskStationProxyBase.ProcessRequest[T] (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, System.String operation, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.DiskStationApi api, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.DownloadStationSettings settings) [0x00007] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\DownloadStation\Proxies\DiskStationProxyBase.cs:79
— End of inner exception stack trace —

Description of issue:

I have sonarr running in docker on my synology. I have a docker container running watchtower which auto updates my other docker containers. Everything was previously working until the last update. I am now getting an error that none of my download clients (Synology Download Station) are able to communicate with Download Station. Error here:

Unable to communicate with Download Station. Unable to connect to Diskstation, please check your settings.

The credentials used to connect to download station have not changed and 2FA is not enabled.

I know they’re different but my radarr deployment is working without issue. Does anyone have any ideas/advice?

Other configuration notes for the Synology device:

• A VPN is deployed on the network interface

• Multiple gateways are enabled on the network interface

Here’s an interesting finding. I tested with turning off multiple gateways on the DNS server settings. Once I did that, I am able to successfully test the connection to the download client.

Does anyone know what I need to do to allow multiple gateways and still allow sonnar to connect?

Any thoughts on this?

I think the number of people relying on multiple gateways and using Sonarr with Download Station (which is generally not a recommended download client) is small enough that there might not be anyone that has run into this exact issue.

I’m not sure what you could try since it seems like the request either doesn’t arrive or the response never makes it back in that scenario. Moving to a download client that is also running in docker may work.

can you tweak the container network settings to set the default gateway to one that has access to diskstation?

not sure what impact that will have to the other stuff the container is trying to access though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.