Doesn't update if series folder is deleted

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4389
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.6.1
Description of issue: If a series folder is deleted from outside of Sonarr, the UI doesn’t update to reflect the fact that the episodes are no longer available. I don’t have any debug logs of this happening because a few folders got deleted accidentally, but afterwards Sonarr still shows the media as downloaded along with all previous episode qualities. Surely it shouldn’t happen like this?

That’s intentional it guards against a series folder going missing because a remote network share or USB hard drive has been unplugged and the Root Folder still exists because the mount point is still there (just empty). If you look at the debug logs during a series refresh (maybe even info level logs) Sonarr will tell you it’s not rescanning the folder because it’s missing.

Aha, thanks for the clarification, that behaviour does make sense. Looks like I can use my recent logs to locate the shows I broke then.

Perhaps it would be useful to show a small note for shows that match this scenario then? For the people who have their systems configured to save shows to removable or network locations, I imagine downloaded episodes would only be copied to the specified location when it is available, so I think this might be useful to many different people for different reasons.

Could you add an option to allow this?

No plans for an option, but we’re thinking about ways to improve it.

It should just be an option, if the folder location is not found then delete. Once it comes back a rescan should update sonarr

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.