DL flow in Profiles

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5228
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.2.1
Profile screenshot: https://ufile.io/hffo7

First off, let me say that I realize that there are already multiple threads on this topic on the forums. I (think) I’ve read them all, but none of the really directly address or resolve my problem.

Here’s what I want to do in term of DL hierarchy, in a nutshell:

• Prefer SD episodes (SDTV or WEBDL-480p)
  • Download HD720 (any format) only if SD is not available
  • BUT don’t downgrade to SD (any format) if HD (any format) has already been downloaded

The first two steps are easy, of course. But I haven’t been able to figure out the third, or find out if it’s even possible within one profile. With the result that Sonarr is now re-downloading episodes in a lower quality that were already downloaded in an higher one and/or re-downloading the same quality in a different format.

I think it’s probably either an easy fix or just plain not possible. Either way, I would appreciate the input.

Set your cutoff to Bluray-720p in the profile you linked.

Okay. But will it not go back “down” to the higher-ranked qualities if and when they come available and download those? Or, for that matter, still look HD releases even after it’s downloaded an SD one, since the cut-off is “higher”?

No it won’t :smiley:
Not with the way you reordered them. Here is an example of how the qualities work.

The qualities you refer to are not higher ranked. In fact you reordered them (correctly) so they are considered lower quality than SDTV.

Okay, cool. I’ll try that, then. Thanks for you help! :raised_hands:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.