Different Download Path By Quality?

I couldn’t find anything that would do this, so I’m guessing it’s a new feature request.

I have my quality set properly and it’s working just as I would expect. However, I have a few series where they actually post in a much higher quality than I want so it gets rejected/not downloaded because it falls outside the quality I have set.

Would it be possible to have anything above my preferred quality download to a different directory and Sonarr not import it? I can find these manually and change them in NZBGet, but it’d be nice to have Sonarr find an episode, then download it to a different directory for me to run through Handbrake and “downsize” a little. No need to store a 3 GB file for a 22 minute TV show.

Example:
Here is what I have marked as allowed:
Bluray-1080P
WEBDL-1080P
HDTV-1080P
Bluray-720P
WEBDL-720P
HDTV-720P
DVD
WEBDL-480P
SDTV

Cutoff: HDTV-720P

Then, anything above Bluray-1080P would be picked up if it was the only option, but saved to a different category so I know to down convert it and move it over.

Just a thought…

you could set it like this

Bluray-720P
WEBDL-720P
HDTV-720P
Bluray-1080P
WEBDL-1080P
HDTV-1080P
DVD
WEBDL-480P
SDTV

that way if it never finds a 720p version it will at least pickup a 1080p version if one turns up. it might occasionally find a 1080p version first but it will always replace it with a 720p version (if one turns up, saving you a conversion)

if you mean higher than 1080p then just include the 2160p versions in the order, youll just have to decide if you want them before or after the 720p versions

Thanks for the suggestion, but what I’m really trying to do is handle the “post download processing” differently based on quality.

Anything in my “normal quality” (SD -> Bluray-1080P) will be downloaded and moved like normal. Because I can set the cutoff at 720p, Sonarr will try and upgrade the file until the cutoff is met.

Anything above my selected qualities would still be downloaded if only option available, but instead of being renamed and moved, it would be renamed and moved to a different location. Then I would know I need to run those through Handbrake/FFMpeg/etc…to reduce the quality/file size.

If you want to grab higher quality releases you can enable them in your profile and use a custom script in Sonarr to handle them differently after Sonarr imports the file or on Grab and change the category in the download client, but grabbing unwanted qualities and moving them to another location isn’t something Sonarr will do.

an “upgrade” is defined by the order you put the qualities in, not the actual quality itself, change the order around to suit your needs

if a profile has 1080p below 720p then its not considered an upgrade for that profile.

eg. if you already have the 720p version sonarr will not download a 1080p version as its lower in the list (plus the cutoff has been met).

eg. if you already have the 1080p version it will download the 720p version as it sees it as an upgrade (its higher in the list)

in your case you probably want to order them as (top) 720p, 1080p, 2160p, SD (bottom). that way it will download anything it finds first time, but keep “upgrading” until it gets to a 720p version. if it gets stuck on a 1080/2160p version (because no one uploaded anything less) then youll just have to manually run it through handbrake at some point (or create a batch file to do it automatically).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.