Deluge with proxy turned on in Sonar is not working

Sonarr version (exact version):

Windows Server 2012 R2

Description of issue:

It seems that when you use a proxy, and even though the proxy setting “Bypass Proxy for Local Addresses” is set to yes, the download client still attempts to use a proxy on a local address.

I figured this out because I am installing Deluge on a separate machine, instead of local host, and I am needing to connect to another local IP to use Deluge.

So, I have configured the Proxy settings to use Socks5 with PIA

I have tried I have setup the “Bypass Proxy for Local Addresses” to Yes and I have also tried to place the other server’s IP in the “Addresses for the proxy to ignore”, on where Deluge is installed.

If I attempt to setup my download client, it fails with Unable to test connection: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

If I disable the Proxy, by changing Use Proxy = No, and then attempt to connect to Deluge, it works perfectly as expected.

Does the download client configuration not adhere to the bypass proxy for local addresses option?

FYI. Sonarr is at IP 192.168.1.252 and the Deluge install is at IP 192.168.1.248. Both servers have the same gateway address, 192.168.1.1

Is there any way possible to have the download client adhere to the bypass proxy for local addresses option? I would love to keep my Proxy up and running and also have Deluge on a separate machine.

Thanks and thank you so much for this software, you guys are the bomb!!

Just found a work-a-round for the issue. I created a DNS entry for the Deluge server and then added the server name into the “Addresses for the proxy to ignore”. This now allowed me to connect to Deluge by setting the Host value to the server name.

So, it seems that the IP address in the “Addresses for the proxy to ignore” does not work and also the “Bypass Proxy for Local Addresses” does not work for download clients.

Glad that it is working for now, at least, but please do let me know if there is anyway to have it adhere to the “Bypass Proxy for Local Addresses”, as I would prefer to point to IP instead of host name.

Thanks!

Did a little bit of digging and apparently the URL’s host can’t contain a period for it to be considered a local address. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.webproxy.isbypassed(v=vs.110).aspx#Anchor_2

So deluge would work, but 192.168.1.248 would not. You can add 192.168.1.* to the bypass list and that will work though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.