Database disk image is malformed, again, and again

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): database disk image is malformed.

This issue has been noted in older posts, and resolved by moving the db files etc… as per these two posts:
https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/resolved-commandexecutor-database-disk-image-is-malformed/21922/5
and

However… I have re-installed the dockers entirely… and it continues to happen.
Nothing will auto download… none of the monitored items are being picked up. Manually performing this on Radarr and Sonarr works… but not through any 3rd party app like NZB360.

I don’t know what else to do here.

Dockers are Sonarr and Radarr by Binhex
Running in unRaid version 6.7.0
Radarr 0.2.0.1358
Sonarr 2.0.0.5322

1 Like

I have been having the exact same issue with both Sonarr and Radarr. Both of them throw the
database disk image is malformed database disk image is malformed
error, I fix them, and then they break again within a day or 2. At this point i have lost track of how many times this has happened. I am also running these in unRaid 6.7.0.
It would be really nice to find a solution for this issue…

Well, I am glad to hear that I am not the only one with this issue. Since I’ve been told I don’t know what I am doing… and should stick to Windows…

I do know what I am talking about, and the solutions presented in previous posts have only worked for a day or two, like yourself, before it breaks again.

What I don’t know is who’s attention to bring this to for investigation on the SQLLite side, or the docker development side… and I’m happy to pay for support / a fix… I know many do this on their own time and I don’t want to come across as assuming it’s “their responsibility, therefore fix it!”

I am a happy user of all of this, and appreciate everyone’s time and efforts in research and development … again, I just don’t know who to get to pay attention to this very real issue… and who can help in finding a solution to the problem.

This could be an issue with where the database lives, SQLite stored on a network drive will have issues for example and could also issues on other file systems or maybe it’s the filesystem. I’m just speculating on what it could be, but with the vast majority of docker users not having issues, including some on unRAID to sounds more like something in your particular setups.

I see your point. But not having a network drive as my unRaid system also hosts the drives used by unRaid, and using the default file system that unRaid formats the drives as when initializing the disk arrays

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.