Daily Episodes on disk with SxxEyy numbering

Somewhat similar to OP’s issue: when adding a new series, Sonarr has trouble recognizing existing episodes for daily shows that have file name release format as S20E21 (for instance the Daily Show with Jon Stewart). It is expecting something with a date in it probably. This will result in Sonarr recording all the existing episodes as ‘missing’. These ‘daily’ shows should be recognizable on disk also in the season-episode format to prevent this (unless there is a different reason why I have this issue with existing episodes on all the night time fake news shows).

Please pastebin debug logs of a series refresh for this series. Sonarr doesn’t require the date to be used for daily shows (date will only work for daily shows, but season/episode numbers work as well).

Today the series updated by itself oddly enough, but the behaviour is still not 100%. I tried to recreate the issue, but it seems to behave a bit differently this time now that I turned on debug log. I tried by deleting a daily series and then adding again but the problem this time appears different. The first pass through it found only 27 of the 62 files on disk. After I manually refreshed again it recognized the remaining files as well. I have no problems sharing the log but it is many many pages only for this 1 series where I tried to re-create the issue. Would you still like the log section (added series with auto update, followed by manual update)? If so, should I just copy-past that section into a comment? It might be more than allowed length of characters for forum post?

Use pastebin or xbmclogs or zip them up and use dropbox or another fileshare, don’t post it as a comment here, then provide a link in this thread.

Given that it works now I’m not sure there is anything we’ll find, but we can take a look.

Knowing the filename of something that failed would be great, so we can search the logs quickly.

Things seem to be working and it was hard to pinpoint a file that failed since it found everything on 2nd manual pass. If it happens again, I will paste the log. I’ll leave debug log on for now just in case it re-appears. Thanks for your fast responses, keep up the great work!