Custom script help using mkvpropedit

Version:3.0.6.1342
Package Version:3.0.6.1342-ls125 by linuxserver.io
Mono Version:5.20.1.34
Ubuntu:“20.04.3 LTS (Focal Fossa)”
sonarr docker container

So I’ve been trying to get a.sh to run and I’m definitely never going to figure it out. I rarely ever ask questions and just search and crudely figure things out. But I’m not getting anywhere with this. I can’t even get past the initial test. My knowledge of sonarr and .sh is limited. This is the .sh I want to use

for file in *.mkv; do mkvpropedit --set “title=$file” “$file”; done

I like seeing all the info contained in the filename displayed on VLC OSD when first starting the file. This shell just writes the filename to the title. It works when simply using ssh and bash. I have a cmd file that works too that I can use from windows on a mapped networkdrive, but I’d like something automated and that points to that single file, not going through all files needlessly.

I realize asking for spoon-fed answers is probably frowned upon, but I’m not finding many examples of custom scripts to learn from. I’m at the point where I feel like I need to completely learn .sh and sonarr to figure this out.

Oh and I tried a docker container called striparr, and everything seems to work, it strips the title, but then it still ends up displays just “Series Title - S##E##”.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.