Custom Post Processing and Storage for Anime

Hello,
I have a custom script for anime that hashes my files, gets the exact info from anidb and renames/moves my files and builds symlinks based on its config there. Is there a way for me to use sonarr to monitor/find/download files and have it not do any renaming/moving but instead leave that to my script. But still have sonarr aware of which files have successfully been downloaded?

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.0.348
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):5.10.1.57
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

First off, you’d need to disable completed download handling. Beyond that as long as it shows up in the series folder and Sonarr can see it then it’ll see it as complete. Telling Sonarr to rescan the series after import would be the quickest way to achieve that.

oh thanks that makes sense. I guess a few follow up questions here.

• My files are currently named and stored using anidb conventions. Is there a way for me to have both TVDB and anidb retain a shared view of what I have? For example sometimes –

• the chosen name is the japanese transliterated name rather than the officially translated one.
    • Often multiple seasons are named as separate series rather than multiple seasons of a single series.
    • specials on TVDB are often completely separate series on anidb.
  • Related to the first one, is there a programmatic way to tell sonarr to rescan the series?

Probably not.

This is why it won’t work, multiple absolute episode 1 in the same series folder wouldn’t map to different seasons.

Yes. https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Command#rescanseries

So I’m thinking of another hack to solve this, would like your thoughts. I could have sonarr download and process completed downloads. If there is a way for me to get sonarr to trigger my script, I could get it to run over sonarr’s folders and move it to where I want the files, but build a symlink back for sonarr (and update the symlinks from the download location to point to the new files).

Would this work? Will sonarr be happy if the files are replaced by symlinks

Settings > Connect > Custom Script

I just want to comment to say that this approach worked.
I now have sonarr downloading torrents and then hardlinking them to a sonarr folder. My custom script then moves these files and symlinks them back to the sonarr folder.

Good to hear, that is why the feature exists and i also make use of it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.