"negate": false,
      "required": false,
      "fields": {
        "value": "\\b(pack)\\b"
      }
    }
  ]
}

when testing the format against a filename the.responder.s01e05.hevc.720p.webrip.pack-psa.mkv its not matching.

the CF also doesnt match in a season pack search results where the result doesnt have “pack” in its release title. (if i remove the “pack” check from the CF it does show them as season packs)

i presume this is due to the default AND between different type checks? ie it must be seen as a season pack AND have “pack” in there as well for the CF to match.

in which case how are we meant to make this work properly?

• the filenames have “pack” in them but arent seen as season packs (no backfill when type as added, but also impacts reimports where that data wont be available).
  • indexer job names are seen as season packs but dont have “pack” in them.
  • CF names need to be in the local filename for long term data retention and reimport capability

previous CF based checking for season packs were all single type (release title) checks so they never ran into this issue.

Release type specification works off of data stored in the database with the episode file, which in turn comes from the grabbed release’s stored value or failing that during import the information from the download client/folder name parsing.

Just the release type specification should be used.

but what happens later on down the track when we have to re-import and that data is not available in sonarrs database, only in the filename?

With the changes that landed recently this can be fixed up manually (via Manual Import / Manage Episodes), but there are no currently way to maintain that information within the filename.

I’ve got the same issue with these very common and misleading terms in the release title, once downloaded, even if that could be fixed from data in mediainfo and file renaming, the CF score from the release title still remains and lock a possible upgrade…

Example: “I wanna upgrade to a multi audio file with at least Original+DE by using a CF searching for the term ‘multi’, “multidub”, “dualaudio”, etc. in the release name”. I assume that I’m using a good regex to avoid obvious mismatch like ‘multi-subs’.

if after processing the file the audio is Original+IT, I’m stuck with the CF score from the release name and can’t find another potential release …

The only kinda solution I think of is to create a CF to lower the score by checking mediainfo for this specific case, but a way to create a rule only on from filename or data from mediainfo in a CF would give far more flexibility in post-process