Custom filter how it work for titles?

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.0.348
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here. Post in .txt not .doc, .rtf or some other formatted document)
Description of issue: Hello guys, I don’t have an issue there, just wanted to know how the Custom Filters are working. I will explain how I think I should use it first: I’m looking on French trackers, so in the old version I was not having great results because when Sonarr was looking at titles on french torrents it was using the tv shows name in English… so poor results.

For me Custom Filters should fix this issue because I can define title contains a specific value. The thing is that I tried but I didn’t receive better results. Before each tries I did an RSS Sync. So my question is:

Is Sonarr still looking to the English title of the TV Show AND applying the custom filters? So for instance if I’m looking for The Young and The Restless and putting a custom filter with title “must contains” feux de l’amour" it won’t find torrent titles like “Les feux de l’amour” because it’s looking for both? Maybe I don’t understand well the way it’s working here. Thx for your help!

Custom filters are for filtering views in the UI, in Interactive Search it filters the results returned from the indexer.

Sonarr looks for things based on the series title and any aliases, Custom filters doesn’t change that at all.

I’m trying to understand how we can prevent people from incorrectly assuming what a feature does.
What lead you to believe this is what Custom Filters do?

Well it’s because I was hopping so much such this feature of being able to say to Sonarr that he should replace the English Tv Shows by a custom one in his searches that I presumed it was the purpose of this thing… sorry for that. But yeah it’s pretty clear it’s a filter for the results only, my bad…

You may be able to do that to some degree with Preferred Words/Language profiles.

Thanks for confirming, we’ll likely add something to explicitly mention what it does to the UI to not confuse others.

Hum ok Thx. I still curious about the way achieving this with Language profiles. How can I achieve this?

Well anyway don’t know if it’s planned but we should be able to specify an “override” for the title so we can ask Sonarr to do his search with specific keywords on non-English trackers… without that we would always been disadvantage when looking for tv shows in non-English language.

Thx

An other idea: Why it could not be automatic? It should follow the Language profile assigned to each tv shows: If you have French, Sonarr search for the French title of the tv show.

I mean that if Sonarr knows a release to be French you can have it prefer the French release over an English one of the same quality. Aliases aren’t linked to a specific language so it’s a bit more complicated there, but something we’ll need to consider at some point.

No plans for local ones, but we have a list of aliases already, see the FAQ.

Sonarr doesn’t know the title in other languages, it only has the English one.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.