Creating Quality Profile help - please!

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.9.1549
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): Windows 11 Single
Debug logs: If needed will turn on debug, capture and upload
Description of issue:
What I’m trying to do is create a new quality profile but ONLY have 2160p all in one group. So when there is a search I’m not getting lower quality content. I see there are little icons that are for “create group” but when I click on that and it opens up then I try to move all the 2160p qualities to that one group they do not stay there. I basically want one group with ALL the 2160p profiles in it, and then I will set the cutoff to 2160p so that’s all that will get downloaded. But can’t seem to create the group. It really seems so easy, click on the little “create group” icon and then move the other qualities to that one box. I’m pretty sure I’m doing something really stupid, but can someone give me a hand with this? I really appreciate it.

You can do this, but it doesn’t need to be as complicated as you are making it, and would result in lost functionality. Just do this instead: Create a new profile. Name it whatever. Check the boxes for each 2160p group separately. Change the order if required. Then you can still utilize the upgrade settings. (Eg. grab WEB initially but upgrade to Blu-Ray once it releases) Done.

(To achieve what you were initially asking: once you are in Edit Groups mode, click on the little icon next to each Group whose tooltip is “Group”. Then you can drag them all into one Group. But, don’t do it this way.)

I can’t believe what I was doing wrong. I was doing everything just right, the stupid problem I was doing was when I grabbed the profile I wanted to move I had it all the way over to the right. All I needed to do was move it to the left a little bit and it would pit itself right into the group. Makes it so much easier since so many profiles are almost the same.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.