Creating a Profile to download DV.HDR releases but not DV releases

I have noticed there have been new releases (The Witcher) that have DV.HDR in the title.

My original profile of always rejecting anything with DV using the must not contain is obviously missing these new releases with DV and HDR in the title.

Can anyone shed some light on how I can setup a profile to download anything with HDR and also DV.HDR but skip just the DV releases?

I can’t seem to find a way.
The below is what I was trying to do. But it seems to just download anything even with DV only. I can’t use the Must or Must not contain as DV is present in both the keep and reject filenames.

\b(HDR)\b 1000
\b(DV.HDR)\b 1000
\b(dv|dovi|dolby[ .]?vision)\b -1000

Wait. I think I might have just figured it out:
DV HDR10 1500
DV HDR 1500
HDR 500
DV. -10000
DV (WEBDL) -10000

the above settings still show that DV is not rejected but it is pushed down the list and just the HDR version is downloaded.
I am unsure though if there is only a DV release will Sonarr still grab it and download it. Because for me that’s a waste as I have a Samsung TV…

preferred words cant reject so it will download as its a valid release, just with a lower preferred word score on it.

you just might end up downloading something you don’t really want until something you do comes along.

if you’re not overly fussed about watching stuff as soon as it appears, and the multiple downloads is an issue for you, you could bump up the overall delay timer so there’s more chance for the variant you want to be available as the other one.

although, if scoring those values low allows them to be overridden, why cant you use those values as must not include options?

why doesnt adding HDR and DV.HDR to the “must contain” field not work? it should only accept releases with one of those terms in it.

whats a “just DV” release look like? does it still have one of those terms in it?

its probably simpler to collect a bunch of release names that you do and dont want so we can try to work out what their commonalities are for being wanted and unwanted.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.