"Couldn't import episode file x is not a child of folder y" aka NzbDrone.Common.Disk.NotParentException error moving files

4.0.0.328:

11:
**[v4.0.0.328] NzbDrone.Common.Disk.NotParentException: I:\torrent\TV \examplefileinfomedia.mp4 is not a child of I:\torrent\TV
at NzbDrone.Common.Extensions.PathExtensions.GetRelativePath(String parentPath, String childPath) in C:\BuildAgent\work\13f3e374fa512e16\src\NzbDrone.Common\Extensions\PathExtensions.cs:line 81
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportApprovedEpisodes.GetOriginalFilePath(DownloadClientItem downloadClientItem, LocalEpisode localEpisode) in C:\BuildAgent\work\13f3e374fa512e16\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeImport\ImportApprovedEpisodes.cs:line 182
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportApprovedEpisodes.Import(List`1 decisions, Boolean newDownload, DownloadClientItem downloadClientItem, ImportMode importMode) in C:\BuildAgent\work\13f3e374fa512e16\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeImport\ImportApprovedEpisodes.cs:line 106
**:
Can someone please help me resolve this error? It will not import any downloads from qbit after completion and i have no clue what to do other than manually moving them. Used to work fine on previous version then latest V3 update broke it and i thought V4 beta would fix it but issue persists… Please if anyone can shed some light on my shadow of confusion here and resolve this issue i would be grateful.:

Please provide full logs as requested in the original template

Additional Information:

• Information on the log files is here: Sonarr Troubleshooting | WikiArr
  • Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings
  • Post the log file, not a line or two, or just the error from the Logs table
  • Post the full log to hone of the sites recommended in Logging and Log Files section of the wiki
  • Do not post them directly here. Post in .txt not .doc, .rtf or some other formatted document

I am assuming Windows 11 is the OS?
Are you running as service or app?
Is the I drive a local drive or remote path?
Are you using any scripts in qbit?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.