Couldn't import episode Access to the path is denied

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4326
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.2.3 (Stable 4.2.3.4/832de4b Wed Mar 16 13:19:08 UTC 2016)
((Debug logs)): http://pastebin.com/CPYPU4bs
Description of issue: Couldn’t import episode Access to the path is denied.

Hi Guys, ive been battling with this thing for a few weeks now, tried getting help from a friend but not working anymore. I have OpenElec media center, with Docker Running Sonarr. I normally used sickbeard and that gave no issues, having a problem after SabNzb downloads the file it doesnt move it from the download/completed/tvshows folder to its correct series folder. I know there are a lot of these posts already i have gone through them all about, dont know what to do anymore… I have chowned and Chmoded folders with 777 775 the whole directory where it downloads it to.

Sabnzb - Downloader

/var/media/Media1/Downloads/Completed/tvshows – Download folder. also tried to download it directly to the /var/media/Media1/Downloads/ folder but yeah didnt work either. Not sure if i mouted the Docker/Sonarr incorrectly. But everything seems to work in sonarr exept the Post Download function

Thought i’d give the forums a shot before giving up.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I got it to work. Gave permissions to the download directory and every folder Sonnar needs access too.

I am also having this issue, but it is only for certain folders. My permissions seem ok (and have always worked, previous), but something must be off somewhere.

Synology DS214play NAS running latest DSM with all packages up to date.
NZBGet 16.4-22 (SynoCommunity)
Sonarr 2.0.0.4326 SynoCommunity)
Mono 3.10.0-4 (SynoCommunity), installed with Sonarr)

Just added a new series, but for some reason Sonarr is not able to import the episodes and then delete the folder that contained the original file (I call this a residue folder):

Couldn't import episode /volume1/video/tv/<show residue folder>: Access to the path is denied.

Older series are still working with no issues.

When I check the show folder (the residue folder, not the actual show folder), it is owned by “nzbget”. The actual show folder is owned by “nzbdrone” (which is Sonarr, correct?)

All other show folders appear to be owned by “admin”, but Sonarr is able to read/write to these with no issue.

When I check permissions for the “users” group, which includes “nzbget” and “nzbdrone” (and I assume, also “sonarr”) all have RW access to the top-level folder.

Any hints or guidance on what do do permissions-wise would be appreciated. Just seems weird that Sonarr does not have the correct permissions on newly added shows.

Fixed. All I had to do was add the group “sc-media” to have read/write access to the top-level folder. The only member of this group is “nzbdrone”, while “sc-download” contains “nzbget” and “transmission”.

“sc-download” was already added (automatically, I assume) to the list of permitted groups for my media folders, so I just manually added “sc-media” and voila.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.