[cosmetic?] default url base hint text for transmission download client

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.1.430
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):5.18.1.0
OS: Synology DSm 6.2 / Docker linuxserver/sonarr:preview
Description of issue:

if i edit the download client entry i have for transmission i can see that the hint text for Url Base states that the default is ‘/transmission/’ which is what i had in there so i removed it.

unfortunately that causes it to fail so i had to put it back in.

is ‘/transmission/’ really the default or could it be just ‘transmission’ (without the slashes) - and my install doesnt use the /rpc part?

transmission would probably work, but it’s much more common to prefix it with a slash (same as Sonarr’s own URL base is set with at least a leading slash).

I don’t see a reason to change this, it’s the default that’s been there for years, it works unless you made a change to transmission to use a different URL base (or use a reverse proxy) and it’s an advanced setting (aka one that you probably won’t need to change unless you’re sure).

its just a linuxserver/transmission docker container and i didnt do anything special to it but i’ll check its config file in case i mucked something up. thanks

Right, so you should just be using the default in Sonarr.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.