Control the default quality source, e.g `HDTV` -> `WEBRip`

It would be great to be able to tell Sonarr to make a different assumption about the quality source (the part without the resolution, HDTV vs WEB-DL vs BluRay, etc.) when grabbing and importing releases whose titles or names don’t include it. I feel like in these days of streaming, it’s usually much more accurate to assume a release from a WEBRip than to assume it’s from HDTV. OTOH, some quality-obsessed users may find it more important to avoid accidentally replacing a WEB-DL release with an unspecified release that is actually from HDTV, so this should probably be a setting on the quality profile. Removing the HDTV-* qualities from the quality profile doesn’t work because when the only releases available are from HDTV I still want Sonarr to grab them.

1 Like

For context, I’d say at least 50% of the time I do an interactive search, I would actually prefer to get one of the releases that Sonarr assumes is from HDTV, in my case because they’re more compressed HEVC/AV1 release with smaller sizes. I often forget to scroll down that far, however. When I do scroll down and grab a release, I can be sure I’ll have completely forgotten that I “overrode” Sonarr’s assumption when the release finishes downloading and the queue tells me the release is of lower quality.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.