Connections failing since update to 2.0.0.4855

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4855
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.6.2
((Debug logs)): https://pastebin.com/X5wGGV0h
Description of issue:

Since the update to the new version, all outgoing connections from Sonarr appear to fail. The UI reports:

• All indexers are unavailable due to failures
  • All download clients are unavailable due to failures

I’ve had this issue sporadically happen in the past (although the error message in the UI was looking more like the ones in the log now), but now this is a permanent state and happens immediately after starting Sonarr.
I uploaded the standard log, as in the debug log you don’t see that error. Interesting is that the timestamp when this error is logged is an hour before I restarted Sonarr, but I see the error directly after restart so either it’s re-occurring and not logged or the error is persisted.
Also worth noting is that I have plenty other things running on the same machine (NzbGet / CouchPotato and several others) which all use network access without issues.

Can you enable Trace level logs and then hit Rss Sync on the main page?
In the sonarr.trace.txt log should now appear an entry saying how long the indexers will be blocked.
Next go to Settings->indexers->{indexer} and hit Test. That’ll force Sonarr to retry the connection. (It would do so automatically after the ‘block’ expires)

https://pastebin.com/uRzQ0LdN <- Trace log

It does not show an error, as far as I can tell.
Also I tried both the individual indexers via Test as well as the RSS download on Home, and both appeared to work now! The error regarding indexers is not listed on the UI anymore.

After your advice, I also tested the connection for the downloader (NzbGet), and this succeeded as well plus the error in the UI went away. It seems that the connectivity was not really broken, but the error occurred at some point and after that the error got saved and survived a restart. Is that possible?

By the way, this is an amazing response time for a free project.

17-7-6 10:26:33.3|Debug|DownloadClientFactory|Temporarily ignoring download client Nzbget till 7/6/2017 11:51:16 AM due to recent failures.

Looks like it would’ve resolved itself in 90 minutes.

My guess is that there was a connection issue, or some other issue causing Sonarr to back off for a while (starting at 5min, which gets progressively longer if it keeps giving errors).
If it happens again check for recent errors in the log or System->Logs.

Unfortunately the Download Client error is back:

• All download clients are unavailable due to failures

You can see the error detail in sonarr.trace.txt @ 10:34:41.6: System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: ‘System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream’.

I tried to “repair” it again by opening the NzbGet Download Client and hitting multiple times Test Connection, but it failed with the same error.

Did you update something recently? mono, kernel (or a restart)?

I’m thinking we should try update mono to 4.8.x something. It’s also possible nzbget is just bailing out, check it’s logs as well.

I only updated all pending packages (a ton of them) once this issue started, but it didn’t help.
However, I now manually updated to Mono 5.0.1.1. Will report back if the issue reoccurs, at least some quick Connection Test executions worked so far.

Can confirm this is happening to me also. After updating to 2.0.0.4855 I no longer can connect to my plex server or notifymyandroid. Download client connects just fine. Running on CentOS7.

Error posted below:
https://pastebin.com/aAa3HiJt

Even after upgrading to Mono 5.0.1.1, this still happened from time to time. Effect was similar, I always could go to the Download Client in settings, click “Test Connection” which succeeded, and the error was gone. No direct functional impact, but it was bothersome.
But I now tried to switch to the development branch. Did that 2 days ago, now running Sonarr 2.0.0.4866 , and the error has not yet appeared once! That seems to indicate that this is indeed somehow related to Sonarr itself, but it might be addressed in the next release.

Did that 2 days ago, now running Sonarr 2.0.0.4866 , and the error has not yet appeared once! That seems to indicate that this is indeed somehow related to Sonarr itself, but it might be addressed in the next release.

No, coz there haven’t been any changes that would affect it.

note not recommended to use this but seems to fix mine note

Use the legacy setting in Mono. I get this too unless I enable it:

Under the service file:

[Service]
Environment=MONO_TLS_PROVIDER=legacy <-- add this

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.