Connecting Sonarr to a remote Plex Media Server

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue:
Hi, new poster here. I have been running Sonarr for about a year now, and it works great. I am trying to further automate things, and want to connect my Sonarr instance (which runs on a third party cloud seedbox (Ultracc) which has rtorrent, sonarr, radarr etc. installed on it) to my plex media server which I host in my home network. Once a show downloads, it is identified and updated in terms of meta data etc. and then downloaded to my PMS via a script. What I would like to do is to allow Sonarr to connect to my PMS and “see” all the files stored there, so if required, it can update the quality of the media, or identify missing episodes etc.

The issue I am having is that when I try to set a root folder, it only shows me the directories on the server (and I do not have root control of this server) meaning I can’t map a connection to my remote PMS (which is hosted on a linux machine in the house). Is there anything I can do to create a connection to the PMS, and all my media etc? I have created a connection within Settings/Connect/PMS but whilst that has saved etc. it doesn’t seem to do very much.

Any ideas?

Much appreciated.
Dom.

move sonarr / Radarr locally to plex and mount the seedbox remotely with a remote download client and remote path map

Hi bakerboy448, that sounds like a nice, simple plan… I live in the UK though, so the indexers etc. which need to be used are mostly blocked here, which was why I had hoped to leave the Sonarr setup on the seedbox (which is hosted in another country). Is that the only way to connect the two, as I guess I could just run everything from the plex server through my VPN?

Can toss prowlarr or Jackett on the seedbox as well

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.