CommandExecutor

Sonarr version 2.0.0.5049:
Win 10 Pro:
((Debug logs)):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1euIqcG_VmwUB8ISM1TmNnpMqE8MMJCGU?usp=sharing
Description of issue:
Sonarr db is corrupting or damaged.
After some time, all series disappears in the “Series” section, and i get spammed with the CommandExecutor error.

I tried reinstalling Sonarr and restore from a backup, same problem. I tried reinstalling Sonarr completely and start from scratch, same problem.

Sonarr runs for 24 hours, then this error appears and it starts crashing:

ReleaseModule Episode search failed: Episode with ID 4020 does not exist
CommandExecutor Error occurred while executing task EpisodeSearch: Episode with ID 4020 does not exist

Please post the full ((debug log)) file, not individual errors from it.

Is some AV software running that is resetting the DB? It looks like it’s getting wiped out.

Hey Markus,

I have Anti-Virus on, but sonarr strukture should be excluded.
I will try and turn it off completely.

After this i will post the full log file.

Hey Markus,

So far so good :slight_smile: No crashes…
I will give it another 24 hour before celebrating…

Stay tooned…

1 Like

Hey Markus,

No dice, Sonarr went haywire again today at 18:23, i have uploaded the log so you can see the error.
Anti-Virus have been completely uninstalled just to be sure.
Could it be deluge that causes this crash?

I don’t see how deluge could do anything here.

We need ((debug logs)) though, the current logs don’t show anything of value leading up to the failures.

Are series missing from Sonarr?
Is Sonarr publicly accessible without authentication? (wondering if someone found it and is up to no good).

Hello again Markus,

Sorry, i recovered sonarr with the latest backup i have (before the crash), trimmed down unwanted series, and made a fresh log (with debug enabled this time!). I will bet it happens within 24 hours.
Furthermore, Sonarr is not exposed thru WAN.
Basicly what happens is, 2/3 of all series disappears, and it starts downloading everything again (Past seasons, everything)
This is the first indication that somthing is wrong since my Pushover spams me with notifications.
Then the log gets spammed with the CommandExecutor error.

I will upload the debug log asap when it happens!

Very strange, there appears to be two things happening as searches are occurring and series are being removed, which leads to series/episodes not being found in the DB.

Nothing in Sonarr will automatically remove a series and the only time a search would happen automatically would be in response to a failed download (which would require the series to be in Sonarr still).

((Debug logs)) will show API requests, which hopefully points to something.

and the only time a search would happen automatically would be in response to a failed download (which would require the series to be in Sonarr still).

@markus101 Actually, no, it happens when a series metadata gets updated during which new, already aired, episodes get added. Which kicks off a search for that episode.

@AtomArne My guess is that something torpedoes the nzbdrone.db-wal file, which would leave you with a potentially corrupted db with old data in it. It would be a good idea to check the Created and Last modified timestamps for those files. And also check the windows Event Log (Event viewer) for possible related errors.
If you’re technically adept you could setup procmon to monitor all IO activity on that particular file (or with a similar tool).

But first you need to make sure that your starting point is a working database with no corruptions. And be aware that the .db and .db-wal file are a pair, change one and everything will be corrupt. This is particularly relevant when doing backup restore operations.

1 Like

Hey Taloth,

Thank you for the input.

Crash and burn.

At 17-11-23 18:16:41.3|Debug|PendingReleaseService|Removing failed releases from pending it goes haywire.

You might be right, there is a miss match between the .db and db-wal.
Guess il reinstall Sonarr from scratch, but im pretty sure i tried that.
It flips out, 9/10 of the series it tries to update before the crash, i don´t even own.

Debug log have been uploaded.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.