Choose source for downloads (or none)

Hopefully this makes sense. I have multiple sources I use for content. I use an unnamed source as well as my own DVR. There are some shows I’d prefer to retrieve from my DVR, whereas others, from elsewhere. My DVR is not as fast with all the processing as obtaining the content from other sources.

So my feature request would be the option to choose a source, or maybe no source at all.

If I disable monitoring, I don’t know that the show is coming up or subsequently, missing if something goes wrong.

Maybe a priority function for sources? If Source 1 doesn’t succeed by X amount of time, try source 2

You can add a delay via a Delay Profile (Settings -> Profile), if Sonarr sees a file from another source before the delay expires it will stick with that (assuming the cutoff is met already) and ignore the pending releases.

That is a handy feature, I didn’t know about it. But unfortunately, it only seems to offer Torrent or Usenet. Perhaps another option like “Other”? It’ll cover DVRs or anything else that may add content via script

Other wouldn’t mean anything to Sonarr, it’d never be able to acquire something via Other, you’re choosing the preferred protocol that Sonarr supports and delays for for each protocol. If you acquire something outside of Sonarr it doesn’t need to know that where it came from, just that it’s there and if your other source doesn’t acquire it before the delay expires Sonarr will still grab it via your preferred protocol within Sonarr.

So if I use Usenet and a DVR, set up a delay to prefer BT, will it work?

Make sure you set the usenet delay as well (otherwise it won’t matter which you prefer), but yes that should work and by setting torrents preferred it will avoid Sonar grabbing something early because was the best wanted quality.

So… maybe I’m confused. If I set Usenet delay to 4 hours. If my DVR records and uses the Sonarr API to load the file into Sonarr, will Sonarr mark the file as unmonitored and no longer search Usenet?

Sonarr won’t unmonitor it, but as long as the episode imported meets the cutoff of the profile assigned to the series Sonarr won’t grab it from usenet.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.