Choose Indexer Priority

Hi Guys and Girls

I wonder if some one can assist me, I might be a blind or just a bit stupid.

I’m using three indexers on my system. One are a fully paid indexer trust worthy and my number one indexer I use to search for things, Two are a donation indexer trust worthy but less populated and the 3rd are a free high populated indexer but this one have a lot of spam and junk as well. Its free so can’t complain.

Now my issue are all three indexers are loaded.

I would like to be able to set the indexer priority for the system to first use the Paid one if it cant find it there go to the donation one and last result are the free indexer. Are there a way to do this. This worked great in sickbeard as it went down in the list. But Sonarr doesn’t seem to do the same as most of my things come in with the free indexer.

If anyone can share some light on this for me.

Thanx in advance.

4 Likes

+1 on this request

Vote here instead :slight_smile:

All ready did but thanx

Loving Sonarr but, I’m really surprised this isn’t a priority for development - seems like a minor one that would be really helpful.

This is almost worth going back to Sickbeard for… I’m fortunate to not care about how much I download but, for others it’s really unfortunate when it snags a release from one indexer and you know a different indexer (that you would easily prioritize) has a version that’s not going to need to be redownloaded.

Just my 2 cents.

How does it pick which indexer to grab from?

I’ve noticed some indexers have multiple nzb’s of the same thing in different groups and some of those are only an hour old yet Sonarr will grab the nzb from another indexer that is much older.

Would prefer if it grabbed the most recent nzb.

I agree, this should be prioritized. So reading the notes on the trello.com page, which which seems to be moved to github so the latest versions are there, https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/issues/320

Comment from markus101 on Trello:

@erikneff In all likelihood Sonarr is going to interupt that functionality anyways since it pulls the nzb and pushes it to SAB, so SAB doesn’t know the source URL anymore. We do it this way to get the ID back from SAB (used for failed/completed download handling).

It doesn’t, in SAB if it has ratings you can see Video Quality, Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, and then sab will automatically report availability. I ensure that Sonarr leaves downloads so that I can rate them.

Personally I would much rather have two functions, 1) priority to have oznzb as the highest, 2) direct integration with the ratings and feedback system as detailed here: https://www.oznzb.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1892 so that I don’t have to go into SAB to do this. For instance, it would be nice if blacklist would report the release.

you could just add a post processing script to sab like nzbgeek has… where it just sends feedback about the download if it came from geek… integrating feedback from sonarr to the indexer is somewhat pointless… as the data people probably care about comes from their downloader (to know if it worked or not)

Add my voice to the crowd on indexer prioritization. I’ve commented on the github topic as well.

I would also like to add my voice to the crowd.

This just seems like it should be a “priority” feature.

+1 for priority on indexers.

I use my favorite private tracker all the time, but would be great to have a second backup indexer.

+1 for priority on indexers.

Indexer A has faster releases, and more releases, or a release is available on A when it’s not available on B.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.