Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Naming Convention

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.3.688
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34

This is not really an issue with Sonarr but more so a request if Sonarr has the ability to workaround some of the ridiculousness of thetvdb.

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina has three seasons as per Netflix each named Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. thetvdb has decided to organize them as Season 1, Part 1, Season 1, Part 2 and Season 2 Part 1. Is there any way for sonarr to account for this. The mods at thetvdb and standing their ground on using their naming convention and say if we have an issue use the “Parts” naming tab where they have Netflix’s official 3 season naming convention listed.

Any Ideas on how to get Sonarr to handle this? Currently its not matching downloads that say S03.

Thanks

The XEM mapping will need to be updated to include season 3, best to reach out to them on their IRC channel.

I’ll give it a shot. Never used IRC before. It’s worth noting that when I manually download and manually import it matches the episodes without issue. Its when I run a search it says “Unable to parse episodes from release name” and if I try and force grab it won’t even send it to the download client.

This is probably because there isn’t a season 3 so Sonarr doesn’t know what it is (thus the need for an updated mapping), but debug logs would confirm.

I 2nd this. Its a big problem and even when looking at the Indexers the content season numbers are all over the place.

How in the hell do you fix this? We clearly are on Season 3 now and not Season 2. Look at the release dates. There have been 3 times episodes have been released.

It was updated on 2020-01-04 so why is it not showing correctly in Sonaarr?

http://thexem.de/xem/show/4636

because sonarr uses whats in thetvdb to show the episodes - it doesnt show the xem mappings, it just uses them when searching

So I was letting this rest a bit as a manual import worked for me but then this happened:

Please note that all those episodes shown in season 3 are showing as mapping to season 4 in the hover menu. Nothing has changed on xem nor thetvdb.

someone is screwing around with thetvdb. ive got 20 eps in season 1, no season 2, and the same season 3 as you. perhaps one of the mods decided to put them in the correct seasons and then the others put it back (who knows what goes on with that place)

thetvdb has season 2 where sonarr still has it as season 3 so i presume its just an issue with either their API cache (constant and long running), or the skyhook server hasnt updated yet.

it says that series was updated yesterday so give it a couple of days to sort itself out

From the wikipedia page:

The first half of the first season, consisting of nine episodes, was released on October 26, 2018. The series received positive reviews, with critics praising Shipka’s performance, as well as the premise, visuals, and directing. A Christmas special episode was released on December 14, 2018, and the second half of the first season was released on April 5, 2019. In December 2018, Netflix renewed the series for a second season consisting of 16 episodes, also split into two equal parts, the first of which was released on January 24, 2020.

So it should be only 2 seasons as it was listed before.

If there is a way to choose which TVDB list you pull from within Sonarr, there are Alternate lists for people that can’t wrap their brains around how it’s actually suppose to be listed (Official).

1 Like

thanks, but i prefer the source over wikipedia. https://www.netflix.com/au/title/80223989

im in australia so its forced onto that url, perhaps the us url says it only has 2 seasons and not the 3 we seem to have?

netflix also seem to like using part1/part2/part3 as well but each ep is sequentially a chapter, so if you wanted to be picky wouldnt it be one season, in 3 parts, with 28 episodes all up

however thetvdb want to do it, they just need to pick one and stop screwing around with it

I’m in Canada. Exact same here. Netflix clearly says 3 seasons/parts.I can’t agree with you more either its 3 seasons or its one season in three parts.

Also sonarr updated and the seasons are now back to 1 & 2 and the scene mapping is working correctly now. It auto imported a season 3 download as “Season 2”

So this is yet another example of “The TVDB screwed up, then corrected their mistake but Sonarr takes a day or so to catch up with the correction.”

Running 2.0.0.5338 I have Season 1 with 20 episodes and Season 3 with 8 episodes.

Sonarr ended up downloading the pack with these 8 new episodes and deleted “corresponding” episodes (from 12 to 19 absolute numbering). Luckily I had those backed up somewhere else. Otherwise it would have been quite a mess.

I don’t know how we could work around situations like these, unless there could be a way to tell Sonarr which naming/numbering conventions to follow, when there are alternatives numbering.
But some solution needs to be found.

Also, in case there are situations like these, in my humble opinion, it would be far nicer if Sonarr asked confirmation before deleting stuff.

Yesterday everything seemed fixed, and now it seems to be broken yet again. Same as last time, showing under Season 3 with Scene info saying Season 4.

i’ve unmonitored the series for the time being, its not worth dealing with the stupidity that is thetvdb

Sonarr is certainly exacerbating the situation by implementing their TVDB support in such a way that it seems to take ever longer for corrections to this sort of TVDB nonsense to filter through to Sonarr.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.