Change root folder for all series (SOLVED)

I recently moved from synology NAS to ubuntu server and so my root folder changed. I don’t think there is a way to change the root for all series at once via GUI. It would be great if it was added as a feature, maybe instead of adding a path for each series you could add default root paths and then sub path for each show.

In the mean while can it be changed any other way without manually editing 300+ series? I opened the .db file but wasn’t sure what to edit since the only root folder was already correct but it didn’t show the old path at all.

Also since I don’t want to have to modify the path again, what is a better option and why - local path (/mnt/storage) or a network share path?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Go into series editor select shows you want to change path then at bottom select drop down menu for root path and change then press save

2 Likes

Fantastic! Never saw the menu at the bottom before :slight_smile: Worked perfectly and allowed me to unmonitor shows until I setup my system completely. Thank you!

1 Like

Your welcome mate :smile:

yeah the series editor section is underused by people but i think is very useful for stuff like this that requires changing several shows at once good for switch between quality profiles and setting shows to be monitored or not as well :slight_smile:

unsure but maybe run a Update library after you got everything set as well just to get NzbDrone to rescan everything i am unsure if it is actually necessary but it won’t hurt to do it so why not :smile:

1 Like

Yeah will definitely do a re-scan, though I am still configuring the system and copying files, maybe in one more week it will be finished :smile: