Change pickup location of files

Hi Im a long time user of SickRage but giving Sonarr a try.

I currently have SabNZBD set to download files to d:\convert queue. I then have handbrake scheduled via script to convert video files and when its done they end up in d:\ConvertQueueCollection.

The problem is that Sonarr is looking for the files in d:\convertqueue because thats where sab left them. Is there a way to overide the location in which sonar will look for the files?

Im keen on using its automatic failed download checking so dont want to resort to blackhole if possible.

Sickrage just has 1 global “Pickup” location so I didnt have this issue when using Sickrage but it lacks the automatic failure handling.

Sonarr currently has a similar function (Drone Factory), but it is deprecated and will be removed in v3 as it can lead to partial files being imported, among other issues.

Our recommended solution for your scenario is a script that tells Sonarr to import after the file is transcoded using the [DownloadedEpisodesScan] (https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Command#downloadedepisodesscan) command. That ensures the file is transcoded and ready for processing.

You may also be able to use a Remote Path Mapping to map the “Remote” path that SAB reports to the “Local” path Sonarr should import from, as long as the converted files are also in job folders (folders named after the NZB) and incomplete files are either not there or have a non-video extension it should work.

Euh… why not run handbrake as part of the sabnzbd pp-script? Sonarr won’t try import anything till the pp-script finishes running. All you need to do is have the pp-script transcode and then replace the original file with the transcoded one.

Thanks IV set up Drone factory for now and all is working well. I will look into the scripting alternative shortly

Your right Taloth that would be a much neater solution IL look at that as a long term solution.

I only have it set up this way at the moment as sickrage can be picky so it’s the only way I could get some consistency but looks like sonarr will give me the flexibility

Oh, 1 question though, will sonarr be fine with the extension being changed during conversion?

will sonarr be fine with the extension being changed during conversion

That’ll be fine, sabnzbd reports the directory name to Sonarr, and Sonarr will scan the directory for any video file.

Thanks guys I now have this working using SABNZDB post-processing scripts and it is working fine.

If anybody stumbles across this and wants a copy of my scripts let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.