Change movie folder - recreate hard links

Description of issue: So i made directories for downloads and movies, but apparently i made different datasets for movies and the download folder in which case hard-links dont work…

Default was this
-media
– Downloads
----complete
----incomplete
----radarr
----sonarr
–movies
–tvshows

from what i understood to create hard links i need to put it like this
-media
– Downloads
----complete
----incomplete
----radarr
----sonarr
----movies
----tvshows

so i changed the mount point from
mnt/media/movies /mnt/movies to
mnt/media/downloads/movies/ /mnt/movies

Now my question is how can i make sonarr recreate hard links properly now that they are in the same dataset? I tried changing movies-> movie editor -> update library/organize but it seems to have no issues even tho the movies folder is completely empty

Any input, im grateful for all help

Thanks!

The only time a hardlink is created is when the episode file is imported. You can manually re-create the hardlinks, remove the episode files and force Sonarr to import or leave it.

If this is a docker container then being able to create a hardlink is up to the container, but maintaining a hardlink (if already made) is up to the host and as long as they are on the same volume they should persist.

Hi Markus!

Thanks for the quick reply, what exactly do you mean by imported? As of now even tho there are no files in the directory Sonarr is watching/renaming media too and the movies still says downloaded.

Is there no way to make it recheck the torrent folder, notice it does not have that movie renamed and trigger the rename/hardlink process? Maby this is exactly what its doing if i manually import it?

Also, currently when i do bulk import i get no episodes

I mean the file in the series folder, if you deleted the files, make sure at least one folder exists in the root folder and rescan the series (or all series). If no folder exists Sonarr won’t rescan the disk and know the folder was deleted.

Once a download is imported once, Sonarr won’t try to import it again automatically. Manual import would be your only option at that point.

What do you mean?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.