Can't run Sonarr. NZBDrone service went missing

Description of issue:
My machine had been running fine for a while. The other day my computer shut down when we had a power outage. I booted it back up and all of a sudden Sonarr doesn’t work and seems to be missing.

The NZBDrone service is gone.
THe exed file is still under ProgramData but when I try to run it from the start menu it says:
This app can’t run on your PC. To find a version for your PC check with the software publisher.

I can’t open the program so not sure where/how to get logs or what to do. Any help would be great.

Have you tried reinstalling the latest release from https://sonarr.tv ?

I did not try to reinstall as I wasn’t sure if it would overwrite all my settings. I guess I’ll give that a try.

I’m having the same issue. Actually twice in the last two weeks.
The problem seems to come from/after the automatic update. After updates Sonarr service is out and can’t be restarted, also files went missing.
I’m using Win10 and using it as a server (mini-pc in the hall-closet with no monitor or keyboard attached)
Reinstalling and placing back the database does help, of course.

I ended up reinstalling and everything seemed to go back to normal. I didn’t have to replace any backup files so it must not overwrite them I guess. Don’t know why this is happening but it’s sure annoying.

Anti-virus/anti-malware would likely be the cause, checking in that software and adding an exclusion/reporting it as a false positive would be a good next step.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.