Cant open Sonarr after update

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.10.1566
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs: Hastebin
Description of issue:
When I try to open sonarr after it updated to this version I get the following json response instead of the home page when accessing the URL localhost:8989

{
  "message": "The input is not a valid Base-64 string as it contains a non-base 64 character, more than two padding characters, or an illegal character among the padding characters. ",
  "description": "System.FormatException: The input is not a valid Base-64 string as it contains a non-base 64 character, more than two padding characters, or an illegal character among the padding characters. \r\n   at System.Convert.FromBase64_Decode(Char* startInputPtr, Int32 inputLength, Byte* startDestPtr, Int32 destLength)\r\n   at System.Convert.FromBase64CharPtr(Char* inputPtr, Int32 inputLength)\r\n   at System.Convert.FromBase64String(String s)\r\n   at Nancy.Authentication.Forms.FormsAuthentication.DecryptAndValidateAuthenticationCookie(String cookieValue, FormsAuthenticationConfiguration configuration)\r\n   at Nancy.Authentication.Forms.FormsAuthentication.GetAuthenticatedUserFromCookie(NancyContext context, FormsAuthenticationConfiguration configuration)\r\n   at Nancy.Authentication.Forms.FormsAuthentication.<>c__DisplayClass11_0.<GetLoadAuthenticationHook>b__0(NancyContext context)\r\n   at Nancy.BeforePipeline.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<Wrap>b__0(NancyContext ctx, CancellationToken ct)\r\n   at Nancy.BeforePipeline.<Invoke>d__7.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at Nancy.NancyEngine.<InvokeRequestLifeCycle>d__22.MoveNext()"
}

There seems to be some issue with the database but no matter what backup I use I always get this response, I have reinstalled and tried all of the different backups I had stored going back some weeks but all give me this issue.

I had a similar problem. The update failed and when I reinstalled and brought in the backup, everything was borked. (The fresh install worked fine.) I ended up having to do a clean install. Our friends at Sonarr did make a 3.0.10.1567 version with the oblique bullet point “Reverted changes from develop” (whatever that means). I haven’t tried the new version yet, but perhaps this is now fixed.

This happened to me as well. Where does Ubuntu store the backups?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.