Can't get particular indexer to work + SAB API error

3.0.6.1342:
Windows 7:

So after a few years I finally decided to update to V.3 on my actual PC that had NZBDrone. I did over 5 test runs on my other Windows 10 PC’s because I am that paranoid. Anyway, lo and behold I am having issues with it. I have a particular indexer that’s giving me an error. The error is:

Invalid request Validation failed:
– : Unable to connect to indexer, check the log for more details

I also don’t know if that’s throwing another error to SABNZbd:

WARNING API key missing, please enter the API key from Config->General into your 3rd party program: 192.168.xx.xxx [Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0].

I have tested Sonarr to SAB and it connects with no issues. Here’s the weird thing. I also have that particular indexer on my Windows 10 test machine and it has the identical credentials and when I press the “test” button, it connects without any issues.

UPDATE: The SAB error is constant even though I can run an RSS and it downloads, so I know the configuration and API is correct. I just have no idea why this is happening.

Regards,

Shedrock

Windows 7

is not supported.

WARNING API key missing, please enter the API key from Config->General into your 3rd party program: 192.168.xx.xxx [Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0].

And what happened when you input API Key from Sab’s Setting’s General into Sonarr’s configuration for Sab as Sab’s Error says?

I have a particular indexer that’s giving me an error. The error is:
Invalid request Validation failed:
– : Unable to connect to indexer, check the log for more details

this is unrelated to Sab

2022-01-26 16:59:03.4|Debug|NewznabCapabilitiesProvider|Failed to get newznab api capabilities from https://www.nzbfinder.ws

[v3.0.6.1342] System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Smells like its related to running an end of life, unsupported OS given the various SSL cert changes over the last year.

I managed to figure this error out. It was NZB Unity causing this one. At least I think so, so far.

As for the other error. This is very confusing to me. It works on my Win10 PC and not my Win7 PC and they both have the identical credentials as I previously mentioned. As a matter of fact, I just tried it on my laptop PC and it also worked. It is only on my main Sonarr Windows 7 Pro PC it;s not working.

Well, this one has me stumped if it’s not even a Sonarr issue, but only happens in Sonarr in Win7.

Thanks for your quick assistance.

Regards,

Shedrock

This is so frustrating. Now when I try to load Sonarr, I get the following error in my browser:

Failed to load series from API

Version 3.0.6.1342

It’s not a credential issue.

Your system being unable to access the site due to SSL issues has nothing to do with your credentials. It has to do with your system’s SSL and quite frankly there is no point to spend effort troubleshooting an Operating System that has not been supported and is end of life for over 2 years.

Failed to load series from API

typically either:

• Your reverse proxy is timing out
  • Sonarr cannot read it’s database due to your system being unable to respond as it does not have enough resources

I get what you’re saying but here is what’s confusing to me. I have multiple AOpen mini systems. Three are identical and there are more than sufficient resources to run Sonarr v3. I did not reboot my system, I simply stopped the service and then restarted it, then it worked again. If Windows 7 is the issue, then you guys should state that in your FAQ. As far as I know, it is XP that’s obsolete with Sonarr. Either way, your response has nothing to do with whether or not Windows 7 has reached “End of life”.

With that aside, Sonarr v3 is running on another of my AOpen (exact specs) systems, and the NZB site in question can be reached without returning an error when I use the test button.

Here is an image of the PC specs. If this isn’t sufficient to run Sonarr, then many of my other programs should begin failing any day now.
Untitled

https://sonarr.tv/#downloads-v3-windows

Sonarr […] will not maintain Windows 7 support.

That all aside though, if your OS is outdated enough so as to be incapable of making the necessary secure connections, then it makes no difference whether Sonarr supports it or not.

2 Likes

Ok, thank you. I’ll try and figure out why that version of Win7 is not working on that PC and not the other.

Regards,

Shedrock

It was the www in front of the https:// that had to be removed. It worked that way on v2, but not on v3, plus the site also did some SSL certificate updates.

Cheers,

Shedrock

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.