Can't download from Rarbg first time i try searching

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4326
((Debug logs)):

Indexer API call returned error 5: Too many requests per second. Maximum requests allowed are 1req/2sec Please try again later!

NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Exceptions.IndexerException: Indexer API call returned error 5: Too many requests per second. Maximum requests allowed are 1req/2sec Please try again later!

NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Rarbg.RarbgParser.ParseResponse(IndexerResponse indexerResponse)
M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Rarbg\RarbgParser.cs:
NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.HttpIndexerBase1.FetchPage(IndexerRequest request, IParseIndexerResponse parser) M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\HttpIndexerBase.cs: NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.HttpIndexerBase1.FetchReleases(IndexerPageableRequestChain pageableRequestChain, Boolean isRecent)
M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\HttpIndexerBase.cs:

Description of issue:

For some reason after latest September’s update - i am unable to download anything from Rarbg the first time i try manual or automatic search. It returns the error described above. However if i switch to indexers and click “test” on rarbg - everything starts to work fine.

Is there a reason why this is happening?

Sonarr may be making multiple calls to the API to get all the results (or making a different request in order to get results as the first one returned none) and is being blocked by RARBG, Sonarr will stop using it temporarily to avoid continuing to run into the limit, testing successfully will immediately clear the block. Sonarr’s behaviour wasn’t changed in the latest update, but may coincide with a change on RARBG’s side.

Without seeing ((debug logs)) of the search it’s all hypothetical.

I’ve posted latest debug logs:

http://pastebin.com/Fvivz6QB

At least i think that’s what they are.

And just the search itself:

http://pastebin.com/XweWdqYY

I don’t see any debug messages (make sure you enabled debug logging in settings). Clear your logs then search and post the full log.

Sonarr will stop using it temporarily to avoid continuing to run into the limit, testing successfully will immediately clear the block.

Actually, markus, the Ratelimit logic in Sonarr is a pure sleep, it doesn’t trigger the back-off logic. For rarbg it’s set to 2 sec.

But I suspect rarbg has the ratelimit on the IP address, so if there are multiple services with that IP using the rarbg api, that could explain why the limit is exceeded.

My bad. Switched on debug:

http://pastebin.com/fwMGHT8A

Sonarr is only making one request which is getting blocked by RARBG (Sonarr is just logging the error). Do you have something else using the RARBG API from that IP? Or are you using something with a shared IP (ie. seedbox or VPN)?

Nop. Nothing like that. No vpn. Also the issue started roughly 2-3 weeks ago, hence i thought it was related to one of the Septembers updates.

Does it happen with RSS Syncing as well?
Does it happen every time?

Yes it happens each day/every time but only once during boot or even 24 hours.

Should i try disabling RSS Syncing and try searching for a torrent?

It only happens once a day or RSS only runs once a day?

You shouldn’t need to disable RSS.

It only happens once a day. Basically i switch my pc on, check sonarr, try to download something but it doesn’t find anything and produce the error above, so i switch to settings->indexers->test rarbg and everything works fine after that for the rest of the day.

I’ve tried switching off rss syncing and rebooting but it didn’t make any difference.

Please turn on ((trace logging)) (In Sonarr’s general settings) and post the logs after you start up your system in the morning, this will give us more information on how the requests are being made to RARBG.

Made a log with trace logging:

pastebin.com/EMEyTRvh

and also debug:

http://pastebin.com/euqWyDNx

It seems like something on RARBG changed and getting the token is now included in the rate limiting and Sonarr wasn’t waiting between requests, in the latest develop versions have a fix for this already and it should be in the next master release.

1 Like

Well that was efficient. Thanks :slight_smile:

I’ve already gotten used to clicking test couple of times though ><

this is the same bullshit i’m getting even now and it’s Oct 17 2016

Indexer API call returned error 5: Too many requests per second. Maximum requests allowed are 1req/2sec Please try again later! - https://torrentapi.org/pubapi_v2.php?mode=list&ranked=0&category=18%3B41&limit=100&token=(removed)&format=json_extended&app_id=Sonarr: Indexer API call returned error 5: Too many requests per second. Maximum requests allowed are 1req/2sec Please try again later!

NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Exceptions.IndexerException: Indexer API call returned error 5: Too many requests per second. Maximum requests allowed are 1req/2sec Please try again later!
at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Rarbg.RarbgParser.ParseResponse(IndexerResponse indexerResponse) in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Rarbg\RarbgParser.cs:line 40
at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.HttpIndexerBase1.FetchPage(IndexerRequest request, IParseIndexerResponse parser) in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\HttpIndexerBase.cs:line 286 at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.HttpIndexerBase1.FetchReleases(IndexerPageableRequestChain pageableRequestChain, Boolean isRecent) in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\HttpIndexerBase.cs:line 143

If Sonarr is still making two quick requests you’ll get that, the fix hasn’t been released to master yet, if you checked System: Updates you’d see there hasn’t been an update since before October 3rd.

understood will wait
I’m actually still on 2.0.0.4326 - Sep 13 2016

Yes, that’s the latest release (from before it was even fixed in develop).