Can't download anymore

Sonar 2.0.0.5163 windows

Ever since the update the other day transmission started failing to download saying no data. Looking at it think the problem is sonarr or something is passing he wrong slash to the end of the download url so comes up as the download path

\server\transmission\complete/

Thoughts?

Thanks.

JR

Which update? The version you’re on is over a month old (and the latest stable release).

If you’ve told Sonarr to set a path for Transmission, check the path, otherwise check on Transmission’s side.

First words in my post.

Anyway

Sonarr is set to \\d$\transmission\sonarrfiles which is the final destination

is the d$ server below. Transmission to

Incomplete: \\d$\transmission\incomplete
Completed: \\d$\transmission\complete

There was a server path in front of d$ but it took it out when submitting the forum post

JR

If you’re referring to the “update” it wasn’t recently released, so I’m not sure why you said it’s related to an update a few days ago.

Perhaps the issue isn’t the path, but with Jackett (you’re already having issues with it given your other thread).

That’s possible, what I’m seeing is Transmission or something is appending the path of the torrent to the end of the pre-defined address. So in transmission it feels the folder that it should put things in when done is for simplicity D:\Transmission\Complete

However the Torrent is a subfolder of files called Iamasubfolderoffiles

Something is taking those two values and putting them together into:

D:\Tranmission\Complete/Iamasubfolderoffiles

So the last “/” breaks things. I wouldn’t have even noticed this except for accidently catching something in transmission. So could Jackett be doing this? Doubtful unless it’s including a backslash in the name of the torrent but always possible.

Edit, see below for the way the slashes are being formed/manipulated:

Is something wrong with your site? Images won’t show. it’s basically showing:
Error: Unknown error [\mediacenter\d$\Transmission\Complete/www.Torrenting.com - General Hospital - S56E15 - 2018-04-20/GeneralHos…

So the slashes are backwards. Tried adding a slash in Transmission after Complete but it still did the other slash and then does it again further in the name.

JR

I don’t think so, it’s either Transmission or Sonarr.

They’re showing fine for me…

Please post a screenshot of your Sonarr Transmission settings and Transmission’s Torrent settings page:

Oh good, now that I’m home I see the images. Probably wherever you store the image files my work system won’t allow me to see it. Here you go.

sonarr2

JR

Does the Save to location have anything after Complete?
What if you specify a category in Sonarr? Or a directory?
Can you also grab trace logs of a torrent being sent to Transmission, post them somewhere and link them here?

There is nothing after Complete. When I tried adding a “” the output still had the “/” after the “”. I can try the Directory value. What does that do and should I be removing any settings from Transmission?

Thanks.

JR

It overrides the directory Transmission uses for downloading.

When no category is set Sonarr does not specify the path to download to in any way and leaves it up to Transmission to set for the download. Is the Category field completely empty in Sonarr? Have you tried using it?

This is looking like a Transmission issue, not a Sonarr issue.

Hey stop passing the buck!!! Just kidding. :slight_smile:

I don’t use Category as I don’t use it anywhere for anything. With Transmission, there is probably an issue with the incomplete folder also, but the problem shown in Transmission is the Save To Location. Do I blank out the save to location and set this in Sonarr? Thinking the incomplete files will be broke also with the pathing but maybe I eliminate the incomplete files in as well?

JR

Transmission will need a default path still.

Categories are helpful, they allow Sonarr to only process files it cares about and also allows a torrent manually added to transmission to be seen by Sonarr if it’s in the correct subfolder.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.