Can't delete Profile as it is in use

I was trying to delete a profile, but nothing was happening when I clicked on the DELETE button.

Checking the logs, there is this message:

Request Failed. DELETE /api/profile/8: Profile [8] is in use.

I think this needs to be captured and presented back to the user.

Exception:
NzbDrone.Core.Profiles.ProfileInUseException: Profile [8] is in use.
** at NzbDrone.Core.Profiles.ProfileService.Delete(Int32 id) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Profiles\ProfileService.cs:line 49**
** at NzbDrone.Api.Profiles.ProfileModule.DeleteProfile(Int32 id) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Api\Profiles\ProfileModule.cs:line 36**
** at NzbDrone.Api.REST.RestModule1.<set_DeleteResource>b__26_0(Object options) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Api\REST\RestModule.cs:line 66** ** at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Func2 , Object )**
** at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)**

Any update please.

The solution isn’t to show the error message (the API already returns that), but to ensure the disabled button is actually disabled. It’ll be fixed in an future release.

There was no message returned when clicking on DELETE, that’s the point.

I had to look in the logs to find the reason.

You shouldn’t be able to click delete at all (which is why the button is dimmed).

But you can.

It then brings up the “Are you sure you want to delete ?” message.

If you then click on DELETE, nothing happens.

OK, so that’s fixed in the next release?

Thanks.

Exactly, that is the bug and why I said the bug was the button, not the lack of error message.

Yes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.