Can't connect to Plex when Plex user has a PIN

I have multiple users on my Plex server, and so a PIN is required to log into the web interface. It seems like this breaks Sonarr’s ability to send notifications to Plex when things are complete. Removing the additional users makes this work. CouchPotato is able to send notifications to Plex even when there are multiple users; I suspect because it requires the Auth Token from Plex, which presumably bypasses the standard login.

The log message is as you would expect:

Unable to connect to Plex Server: Invalid Token - Update your username and password: Invalid Token - Update your username and password

NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexAuthenticationException: Invalid Token - Update your username and password
at NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerProxy.GetAuthenticationToken(PlexServerSettings settings) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Notifications\Plex\PlexServerProxy.cs:line 184
at NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerProxy.GetPlexServerRequest(String resource, Method method, PlexServerSettings settings) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Notifications\Plex\PlexServerProxy.cs:line 167
at NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerProxy.GetTvSections(PlexServerSettings settings) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Notifications\Plex\PlexServerProxy.cs:line 40
at NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerService.GetSections(PlexServerSettings settings) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Notifications\Plex\PlexServerService.cs:line 64
at NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerService.Test(PlexServerSettings settings) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Notifications\Plex\PlexServerService.cs:line 152

Couch Potato just provides a way to bypass providing your username and password and instead adding a authentication token directly.

Having a PIN on your account or a home user account doesn’t prevent Sonarr from updating the library, in this case your username or password must be incorrect as I have a PIN on my account and have no issues with it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.