Can't communicate with qBittorrent and download clients are unavailable due to failures

Sonarr version (exact version): 4.0.2.1183
Debug logs: sonarr issues - Pastebin.com
Description of issue: Hi there, new to Sonarr so please bear with me! Yesterday I started to get 2 errors from Sonarr - “Unable to communicate with qBittorrent. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (localhost:8080)” and “All download clients are unavailable due to failures”. I don’t know why this happened because I haven’t changed any settings on either qBittorrent or Sonarr recently (I did update qBittorrent this morning, but this shouldn’t have changed my settings, and I believe the errors were getting thrown before then anyways).

I saw some troubleshooting steps online that said that doing a full exit of Sonarr/Prowlarr would fix this, but when I did that and tried to restart the two apps, I got an Unable to Connect message from my browser - I had to restart my PC fully to get them to kick back in (and am still getting the errors as before).

Any help here would be appreciated!

I figured out the problem - it was that I hadn’t updated qBittorrent for a while, and they changed their WebUI authentication settings so that the password (which i had left blank, with “admin” as username) needs to be at least 6 characters. I changed the password to the qBittorrent default (“adminadmin”) and that seems to have resolved my issues! This can be closed.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.